Chapter Twenty**

I have my head resting on a pillow and Dean is on the bed next to me. Sam walks in the door and says, "We can rule out Nessie." I sit up and look around. Did I fall asleep? When did Sam leave?

"What do you mean?" I ask slughishly. Dean rolls over and sits up as well. He rubs his eyes and looks at Sam.

"Will Carlton is dead." Sam says placing a bag of food and some cups on the table.

"He drowned?" Dean asks.

"Yeah, in the sink."

"What the hell? Then you're right, this isn't a creature, we are dealing with something else."

"Yeah, but what?" I ask trying to think about all the stuff the boys have hunted before.

"I don't know. Water wraith, maybe? Some kind of demon? I mean, something that controls water...water that comes from the same source. " Dean says.

" The lake."

" Yeah." 

" Which would explain why it's upping the body count. The lake is draining. It'll be dry in a few months. Whatever this thing is, whatever it wants, it's running out of time. " I say standing up.

" And if it can get through the pipes, it can get to anyone, almost anywhere."

I walk over to my bag and throw it up on the bed.

"This is going to happen again soon." Dean says standing up too.

"And we do know one other thing for sure. We know this has got something to do with Bill Carlton." I add in as I am going through my clothes.

" Yeah, it took both his kids." Dean says.

" And I've been asking around. Lucas's dad, Chris—Bill Carlton's godson. " Sam says shaking his head.

" Well, after I change, I say we go pay Mr. Carlton a visit."