Chapter Three**

~11 Years Later~

The grass is still wet from the morning mildew. I watch as the trees sway in a peculiar way as the wind blows a steady breeze. The fall air begins to get to me as my body starts to shake. Sam removes his coat and places it around my shoulders. I turn to him and give him a weak smile. "Come on, Ann, we need to get back in time for class." I make one more quick glance at the grave. The ingraved words John Winchester are already starting to crack. I don't see how, considering he passed away only 2 years ago. I force myself to look away and leave with Sam.

I can tell he is upset, maybe even more then I am. I have not seen my dad since he left eleven years ago to go on that business trip. Sam, on the other hand, just saw him 3 years ago. When Sam and John got into it one night, Sam left and stayed at Aunt Nicole's with me. Soon after that, he got accepted into college and is studying to become a lawyer. That is where he met his girlfriend, Jess. Last year, Sam and Jess bought a house and allowed me to move in with them. I also got accepted into the same college as Sam and I'm studying to become a teacher.

Once we get home, we notice Jess in the kitchen cooking. Sam walks over to her and kisses her on the cheek, "good morning beautiful." Jess smiles at him," morning. Oh hey, Ann, Im making you're favourite." I walk over to her and notice bacon and French toast in the pans. "Mhmm, thank you. Do you need help?"

"Nope, I'm actually done."

We all make a plate and sit down at the table. "Hey, Ann, I was thinking we meet after class at Double Scoop. I remember you use to love their ice cream." Sam says sweetly. I clap my hands excitedly, "yes, that would be awesome. Maybe we can get those hats shaped like cherries." Jess giggles, "aren't y'all too old for cheery hats?"

I shake my head, "I'm sure plenty of 19 and 21 year olds will be wearing them."

"Oh come on babe, you know you want one."

"No, I'm good. " Jess said laughing.

After breakfast, Sam and I pack up and leave for class. On the way there, Sam pulls out a ring box. "Take a look at this rock, I'm thinking about asking her tonight." Sam says while tossing it to me. I squeal with excitement and open the box, "oh my god, Sam!!! It's absolutely beautiful! How do you plan on doing it? A romantic dinner? Rose petals and champagne?"

"I was thinking about putting it in the lunch meat and asking her to make me a sand which."

"Ha ha, very cute."

"No, I'm serious." Sam says with a smile.

I lightly push him and we both break into an uncontrollable laughter.

"Congratulations bro. I'm very happy for you. Are you going to invite Dean?"

Sams smile fades and he lowers his eyes. "I'm sorry Sam, I shouldn't-"

"No, no, it's fine. I know what your intentions were and it's okay. But, to answer your question, no. I don't think I'm going to invite Dean."