Chapter 17

The limo stopped and we climbed out, Stefan put his hand at the middle of my back, guiding us inside. When we entered it looked gorgeous, the decorations were gold and silver, there was a beautiful banquet at the far table, so many people in extravagant clothes with drinks, smiling, laughing, dancing, just enjoying themselves. It was clear to see the difference between guards and actual guests, the guests were in long ball gowns, white tuxedos etc. The guards stood in black shirt and pants or if a woman they were in a small dress, so if needs be they could fight in their dress, like Pandora and Skye.

"Oh look, that's the Drake brothers, Kol and Kallen," Skye pointed at a group of four, two men, one looking older then the other with twin sisters. "And the Matthew sisters, Kendall and Renée, they were the daughters of one the most famous demons and are also part hunter, they are almost as powerful as a Pure Blood turned," one of them, I guessed Kendall smiled me.

"Stefan, darling, how are you ?" An older looking woman walked over smiling at us, arms open.

"Cecily, never better, it's been so long," he gave her a hug before turning to me. "Avalon, meet Cecily she is one of the most well respected Werewolves in our society, Cecily meet Avalon Greene, she's a Pure Blood human," I smiled and resisted a laugh as Cecily's eyes widened.

"A Pure Blood huh ? Wow, that's very impressive Stefan, she's a keeper," she winked at me.

"Well I-" I interrupted Stefan.

"We aren't together," Stefan paused.

"Oh ? I just assumed..." Cecily gestured at us.

"No, I'm his prisoner until eighteen then I'm as good as dead," I said in a polite voice with a big smile. "Nice meeting you," I nodded to Skye and Pandora who followed me as I made my way to the buffet.

"Nice honesty," Skye laughed.

"Honesty is the best policy," I laughed and took a glass of champagne from someone who passed us. I drank it in one. "I need another drink," I took another one.

"Calm down there drinky," Skye took the third glass I'd picked up from me. "You'll be wasted if you continue."

"That's the point," I took the glass back and drank it all.

"Hello, I'm Candice and this is my husband Xavier, and you are ?" A tall young, blonde woman and a dark skinned man smiled at us.

"Avalon Greene, nice to meet you," I shook their hands. "And this is Skye and Pandora."

"It's a pleasure to meet you," Candice smiled warmly at the two girls and shook their hands. We started chatting for a while before I felt a hand on my elbow.

"Hello, excuse me I have to borrow Avalon for a few moments," Stefan smiled at them.

"Of course, have fun," Candice winked and left with Xavier.

"Let's go dance," Stefan grabbed my hand and pulled me away to the dance floor.

Loving can hurt, loving can hurt sometimes
But it's the only thing that I know

I put one hand on his shoulder and held the other as we swayed, his other hand was on the small of my back.

When it gets hard, you know it can get hard sometimes
It is the only thing that makes us feel alive

"So, what was so important that you had to drag me away from Candice and Xavier ?"

We keep this love in a photograph
We made these memories for ourselves
Where our eyes are never closing
Hearts are never broken
And time's forever frozen still

"Can't I just want to see my guest for tonight ? Oh, or as you put it, prisoner," He smirked at me.

So you can keep me
Inside the pocket of your ripped jeans
Holding me closer 'til our eyes meet
You won't ever be alone, wait for me to come home

"That is what I am, isn't it ? I never lied once during what I told Cecily."

Loving can heal, loving can mend your soul
And it's the only thing that I know, know

"Yes you did," I gave him a questioning look. "I will not kill you."

I swear it will get easier,
Remember that with every piece of you
Hm, and it's the only thing we take with us when we die

"Why ?" He spun me around and brought my back, so his front was to my back.

Hm, we keep this love in this photograph
We made these memories for ourselves
Where our eyes are never closing
Hearts were never broken
And time's forever frozen still

"Because you don't deserve to die so young."

So you can keep me
Inside the pocket of your ripped jeans
Holding me closer 'til our eyes meet
You won't ever be alone

"Then why did you take me away ?" I turned to look him in the eye. "I'd rather you kill me then keep me living in hell."

And if you hurt me
That's okay baby, only words bleed
Inside these pages you just hold me
And I won't ever let you go

"No one would dare touch you while I breath."

Wait for me to come home

"No one would have touched me if you hadn't kidnapped me."

 Wait for me to come home

"I said sorry for that," His eyes darkened.

 Wait for me to come home

"Yet you can never take it back," I shook my head and looked anywhere but at him.

Wait for me to come home

"I won't ever let anyone touch ever again, I'd kill them before they even looked your way."

You can fit me
Inside the necklace you got when you were sixteen
Next to your heartbeat where I should be
Keep it deep within your soul

"Why would you do that ?" He twirled me around before dipping us down so were inches apart.

And if you hurt me
Well, that's okay baby, only words bleed
Inside these pages you just hold me
And I won't ever let you go

"Because you intrigue me, and I'm not ready to let you go."

When I'm away, I will remember how you kissed me
Under the lamppost back on Sixth street
Hearing you whisper through the phone,

"I was never yours to let go," I stepped away from him.

"Wait for me to come home."

"It's your turn to sing, knock 'em dead," He smiled, but it didn't reach his eyes, I nodded and went to walk past him to the stage but he caught my arm to stop me. "I meant what I said, you look beautiful," with that, he walked away, leaving me to think over his words.