Partners

Sara Pov

I walked to first period with Sam, she kept talking about her boyfriend and their date the night before so it was pretty easy not to tell her. We stopped at my locker first then hers by the time we had gotten there I was completely spaced out. Then my shoulder hurt and before I knew it I was on the ground, my books everywhere, I knocked into someone 'damn it' I say to myself "sorry I wasn't paying attention" I sputtered out not even looking up to see who I had detoured. The person bends down and helps me pick up my books. Then like a scene from a romcom when the characters fall in love we reach for the same book and our hands toughed. My eyes follow up their arm to the shoulders of this person till I meet their eyes, Alex. I stare into her eyes for about ten seconds before I snap out of it and snach my hand away and grab another book. I speed grab every book I can to get out of the situation. I'm almost done picking them up when i sputter out "t-t-th-th" I physically can't get it out 'damn it'. After I grabbed every book I could find I stood up just as she did, she handed me a stack of about four books, looked at my eyes and smiled. I wasn't able to speak only babble "thank you sorry I'm such a klutz sorry for bothering you..." she put her hand on my shoulder, smiled and said "it's all good" and slowly walked away as I melted. She- she- touched me on- on purpose. I stood there for 45 seconds before I released Sam was standing in front of me waving her arms. "Hellooooo" "Sara you there" she shouted "shit sorry" i spat out rushing past her to our seats. She sits down next to me with a confused look "what was that all about" "i- i- don't know" i tried to play it off "that's bullshit" she was right i knew i just had to tell her. "I- i- melted" i whispered she just looked more confused "ok fine" i gave in, she smiled and adjusted herself in her seat. "I- i physically melted she's so hot and she talked to me i just" she just started laughing, i got really confused "what's so funny?" I spat at her. She pointed behind me, before i could turn my head around someone behind me cleared there through, i swung my head around and immediately died it was Alex ,i turned my head back around and slammed my head on the desk putting my hands around my face to hide my blush i let out a loud audible "SHIT" just as the bell rang. "Language Sara, and Alex what did i say about putting your feet on my desks" my teacher Miss Johnson yell from across the room. I yell out a small "Sorry Miss J" without moving as i can hear Alex swing her feet down from the desk chuckling. I spent that whole class on the bridge of a panic attack. I wasn't even listening to what the teacher was saying, something about poems, I think I couldn't hear her over Sara blabbing on and on about how she was so nervous because we can't pick our partners, I just pray it's her we get told ours at the end of the day. The whole day sped past chatting with Sam during lunch, internally screaming every time i see Alex you know just the usual. Then the dreaded 8th hour came upon us, me and Sara were standing in the back as Mr.Haris called the names "Sara.S" then a long pause as he found the next names, I crossed my fingers then disaster struck. "Alex.H" my stomach dropped.