what are we?

is it just our bodies?
are we both losing our minds?

It's Alyssa's birthday today and she's celebrating with her friends here at her and Den's condo.

"Ly, Ly! Anong nagustuham mo kay Den?" Ella suddenly asked.

"I don't know." Ly answered.

"Luh? Pwede ba naman yon?" Vic said and gave Ly a confused look. "Ako, yung nagustuhan ko kay--"

"Hindi ikaw ang tinatanong ko. Shut up." Ella said and covered Vic's mouth with her hand. "Game na, Ly. Ano nga? Birthday mo naman, eh! Sagutin mo na!"

Ly chuckled, "Hindi ko nga alam. It just happened. I just found myself, falling for her. Ewan ko rin kung bakit. Di ko na rin inalam. It's not like it's important. What matters is that I love her." She said and kissed Den on the cheek

"Yiiieee! Happy birthday, Alyssa!"

Their friends said and raised their glasses for a toast.

Later that night when everyone's drunk and asleep, Den and Alyssa we're the only ones left awake. Den can't sleep and even if she's sleepy as hell, Alyssa's staying up with Den here in the kitchen counter.

"Babe.." Den called.

"Hmm.." Ly answered.

She's still awake pero tulala na siya at anytime ay makakatulog na rin. Den can't help but smile at how cute her girlfriend is.

"Can I ask you something?" Den said.

"Am I sleepy? Fuck, yes. Let's go sleep." Ly said and pulled Den in their room.

"Babe, no. That's not my question." Den said.

Si Alyssa, nakahiga na sa kama at nakapikit pero medyo gising pa rin.

"What?" She whispered.

"Ella's question earlier. What did you like about me?" Den asked.

With her eyes still closed, Alyssa answered, "Everything." She said. "I like everything about you, babe."

"Sure?" Den asked again.

Alyssa didn't say anything but she nodded.

Den smiled, "I love you, Ly."

"I love you too." Ly softly said.

Den planted a kiss on her forehead before lying beside her and sleeping.

∆∆∆∆∆

Alyssa's waiting for Den at the lobby of the hospital because she's taking her out tonight. It's their 2nd anniversary and even if they want to make it a little more special, they can't because of their work schedules. They planned a trip to Palawan but they had to cancel it kasi natapat na today, may surgery si Den tas si Ly naman had to attend a seminar.

"Hey, kanina ka pa?" Den asked when she saw Alyssa waiting for her.

Alyssa didn't notice her agad because she's playing 2048 on her phone.

"Uy, sorry. I was so focused on the game." Ly said and hugged and kissed her on the cheek. "Ano ulit sabi mo?" She asked while they're walking to her car.

"Sabi ko kung kanina ka pa?" Den asked.

"Di naman. Mga 15 minutes." Ly answered and opened the door for Den. "Happy anniversary." She said when a bouquet of flowers welcomed Den in the passenger's seat. "Ran out of your favorite sunflower so I had to settle with these red roses. Sorry, bawi ako." She said and held her nape.