been so long

// retrouvailles //

rooted in the word “retrouver,” which literally means “to find something again,” the French word retrouvailles is a unique term that describes the happiness of meeting someone that is very dear to you after a long time

"Alyssa, wake up! This is the day! We goin' home today, dude!" Jovee excitedly said.

"Ay. Looks like someone's not excited to--"

"I am awake, dumbass! I'm just feeling the bed 'cause this will be the last time I'm gonna stay here." Alyssa cut Kiefer off.

Jovee, Kiefer and Alyssa are bestfriends. They were childhood friends who happened to be together since the day they were born up to, unfortunately, this day. They are Fine Arts students of Ateneo de Manila University who were sent here in California as exchange students. And after 3 years, they're finally going home. They graduated last week and their families were here but the three of them had to stay for a week more just to make sure that everything is settled in their school. Throughout those 3 years, they never really got a chance to go home. They stayed there, 3 years without their families and friends and so, that makes it really exciting for them to finally have the chance to be back in the Philippines.

"Well, feel it 'cause we ain't goin' back here!" Kiefer said and jumped on Alyssa's bed.

"Fuck!" As Alyssa said that, Jovee dove into the bed and he and Kiefer wrestled her. "Stop, you eggheads! You'll break the bed!"

This is normal for them. They are so close that they are very very comfortable with each other already. They treat each other as siblings and they truly are. They're even closer to each other than their real siblings. Well, Kief and Jovee for that matter 'cause Alyssa is an only child.

They stopped playing after a couple of minutes, all three of them, chasing for their breaths.

"Promise me, I'll still be your bossing when we come home to the Philippines." Alyssa suddenly said.

"Awwe, soft hours." Jovee said.

"I'm serious, Jov! Don't you dare forget me if you find a girlfriend there!" Alyssa said.

"C'mon, Alyssa. We chose to be single for the last three years for you. A lot of girls tried to flirt with us but we declined all their amazing, wonderful, gorgeous, delici--" Kiefer stopped because Alyssa hit his head. He and Jovee chuckled at that. "We didn't entertain any of them 'cause we wanna focus on you. We didn't go here for that and we don't wanna break our promise to you. We promised to take care of you and that will never change no matter what or who comes our way. You're our forever bossing, okay?"

Jovee sat on the bed, "Kief's right. We won't promise we'll still stay single 'cause you know Filipina girls are really gorgeous as fuck--aww!" Alyssa pinched his arm. "Not gonna take it back." He said and smiled then high-fived Kiefer. Alyssa shook her head at that. "But on a more serious note, you don't have to worry about anything, Ly. We've swallowed all our pride and ego, of you, rejecting both of us back in highschool, for us to give you up and leave you behind. We ain't throwin' all that sacrifice away! We're the only guys who'll stay with you through all the shits you have to go through."

"Including facing Den again." Both Jovee and Kiefer said as Kiefer sat in Alyssa's bed as well.

"Oh about that.." Alyssa said.

"Nothing about that. You're facing her when we get back. If we need to force you, we will." Kiefer said.

That made Alyssa sit as well, "But, what if she doesn't want to see me? Dude, I left her without any reasons. I made her look stupid, waiting for me to talk to her again, but I never did." Alyssa said.