Unneeded Guilt

Summary:
It's a family barbecue, but on the morning, Arne wakes up with a bad cold.

Chapter One

"Morning." Debbie said, watching as her boyfriend slowly awoke.

"Morning." Arne answered, rubbing his tired eyes.

Arne drew back the covers, just about to stand. He shivered, why was it so cold? A sudden irritation in his throat caused him to cough. He covered his mouth with his hand as the cough worsened. Once the fit had ceased, Arne was left with an aching chest and a worsening headache.

"Arne! Everything ok?" Debbie called, from the bathroom.

"Yeah, fine." Arne answered, regretting raising his voice.

His throat felt as though he'd swallowed razor blades, and even speaking was an painful. He tried to stand, but his head was spinning. He was only standing for a few seconds, before he felt himself becoming dizzy. He quickly sat back down, worrying he might have fainted.
Debbi sudden emerged from the bathroom, wearing a flowery dress and a stripy coat.

"Come on, we're going to be late." She said.

It was today, Debbie's family get-together. She'd been exited about it all month. Arne tried again to stand, pushing through the dizziness and walking towards the doorway. With each step, the dizziness worsened, now starting to make him feel nauseous.

But, still, he pushed through. He didn't want Debbie to know he wasn't feeling well.
Debbie's silhouette suddenly appeared in the doorway. Arne tried to straighten his posture, but his aching body refused.

"Arne? What's wrong?" Debbie asked, rushing to her boyfriend.

"Nothing, I'm just a little tired." Arne answered.

When Debbie neared Arne, she noticed how flushed he was. His eyes were hazy and his lips were pale.

"Are you feeling alright?" She asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine." Arne said, coughing into his elbow.

Debbie sighed, placing her hand on Arne's shoulder. She could feel him shivering beneath her palm, which only worsened her concern. She saw that Arne was struggling to stand, he was swaying and turning pale.

"Sit down!" Debbie demanded, leading Arne back to the bed.

Arne practically collapsed onto the bed. His aching joints failing to withstand the weight of his body.

"You looked like your were about to faint." Debbie said, "I don't think you're very well."

Debbie placed her hand on Arne's forehead, "You feel like you have a temperature, wait here..."

Debbie jumped up and rushed into the bathroom, clattering sounds came from within there, before she returned shortly after. She took her seat back beside Arne, handing him a thermometer.

"Under your tongue." She said.

Arne sighed, before obeying Debbies request. They waited several seconds, before Debbie removed the thermometer and measured the temperature.

"Oh, you do have a fever. 102." Debbie said, glancing at her boyfriend.

Busted. Nothing more he could do to hide it. He was sick, and now Debbie knew.

"It's just a cold, I'll be fine." Arne said, still trying to assure Debbie.

"You have a 102 fever, that's a pretty bad cold." Debbie argued.