His Accident

Summary
Debbie is working at the dog shelter, when she gets a call from Arne. He's fallen of a ladder at work and was in the ER with a bad sprained ankle.

Chapter One
"And LuLu here can't have anything with artificial sweeteners it it." Debbie said, pointing to the final dog.

"No sweeteners, got it." Bruno said.

The ringing of the home phone suddenly sounded, "I'll get it." Debbie said, walking towards the phone and answering the call.

"Hello?"

"Debbie." Arne's voice answered.

"Arne, hey." Debbie greeted, "Everything ok?"

"Yeah...we'll no." Arne answered, "There's been an accident."

"What's happened?!" Debbie exclaimed.

"I...fell of a ladder at work." Arne answered.

"Are you ok?!" Debbie asked.

"I'm fine, I've just hurt my ankle." Arne answered, "And I'm now...in the ER."

"You haven't broken your ankle, have you?"

"The doctor said no, it's just badly sprained." Arne explained, "But I can't drive back home so, could you come and pick me up, please."

"Sure, I'll be their in 5." Debbie answered. "Don't hurt yourself more before I get there."

Arne chuckled, before ending the call.

Debbie hung the phone back up and prepared to leave.

"I'll be back in 10." Debbie said, "I've got to go pick Arne up from the ER."

"ER, what's he done?" Bruno asked.

"Hurt his ankle." Debbie answered. "Falling of a ladder at work. I've got to go. See you in 10."

Chapter Two

Debbie pulled up at the hospital, parking in the closet space and heading inside.

"Hello ma'am," the receptionist said, "How can we help you?"

"Hi, I'm here to pick up Arne Johnson." Debbie answered, "He came in for a sprained ankle."

The receptionist looked at her screen. "Take a seat, he'll be out in a minute."

"Thank you." Debbie said, sitting on the seat closest to the door.

She waited for several minutes, before Arne was wheeled out fo the ER. Debbie smiled, seeing an embarrassed blush spread across Arne's face. His right ankle was wrapped up in a splint, with a bandage loosely tied over it.

"Debbie Glatzel?" The nurse asked.

Debbie nodded, standing and approaching Arne and the nurse.

"That's must be a pretty bad sprain." Debbie said, looking down at Arne in the the wheelchair.

"From what I heard, he took quite a tumble." The nurse said.

Debbie's smile widened, she could see Arne was embarrassed. He hardly ever got hurt, and now that he was in a wheelchair, over a little accident, was very embarrassing.

"I can take it from here, thank you nurse." Debbie said.

"Rest up, Arne." She said, waving goodbye to the two of them before re-entering the ER.

Debbie stood behind the wheelchair and pushed it out into the car park.

"I can walk to the car, Debbie." Arne stated.