- how you know them -

warnings: none.

DICK

- You and Dick have known each other a long, long time. Being mentees of two major Justice Leaguers put you together from the beginning, and after the Teen Titans were formed, your lifetime of mutual respect and admiration was thickly cemented.

- (And plenty of, "my costume has pants and yours doesn't" jokes).

- At the time, the Titans was a team of literal children, none of which knew how to properly pick a team leader. Wally thought it should be him because he apparently thought the fastest, Roy's campaign included a lot of scoffing, pointing at himself, and an overuse of the word "c'mon", but somehow the vote came down to you or Robin. You offered to step down so Dick could be leader. Ever since, he's insisted it should've been you

- After years of adventuring, the first generation of Titans grew up and apart. You knew the others on the team could manage, especially when it came to remaining friends, but Dick had a tendency to drift on whatever debris the ocean had given him. You made sure to check in on him often.

- Or maybe you were the one drifting, and the current—of your life, of your nostalgia for your early Titans days—always brought you back to him.

- Dick is a good, lifelong friend. Battle has made that bond unbreakable, whether it be a week or a year between the next time you meet. You've found you can always rely on Dick, but when he's fired from Robin and moves alone to your city, Bludhaven, you wonder if it's his turn to rely on you.

BARBARA

- Even before she became Oracle, Barbara was a master of collecting knowledge. In her early days, Bruce wasn't always keen on sharing the information he did have, so she had to resort to making her own pathways in Gotham. One of these pathways was you.

- Growing up in a shitty area of Gotham, you had a wealth of information available to you. Being quiet and unassuming was the ticket to knowing every secret in town, and for Batgirl, that made you a gold mine. Usually, it took a bit of intimidation or even a little cash to get people talking to her, but in your case... You were more than willing to tell Batgirl what you knew.

- Barbara knew you had a crush on her. It made you easier to talk to, in a strange way, and at the end of the day it was a part of your charm. She found herself going to you instead of her other informants, and you found yourself working harder to find valuable dirt.

- And it wasn't often that anybody looked up to her the way you did. Batgirl was to Batman what girl was to man, so she was lucky to be considered third-rate by criminals, never mind second. She wasn't looked up to. She was hardly thanked. But there was honor in this job that wouldn't let Barbara give it up, and that look on your face only made it easier. Only you looked at her dumb little cape and impractical yellow heels with a childlike twinkle in your eye, and only you seemed to understand what the meaning of Batgirl really was.

- When Barbara graduates to Oracle, you're the only civilian given an explanation. After so long, she knows you know how to keep a secret. Even more than that, Barbara trusts you—and having a reliable informant only helps her growth as Oracle. You give credit to the faceless name floating under Gotham, so that faceless name protects you. Feeds you. Comforts you. Plays dumb iPhone messenger games with you.

- One day, you're given an address. 2083 Dini Street, Gotham Clock Tower...

JASON

- You're not stupid. You know who this fool is from the start. Maybe you should've thought a little more about the implications of helping him, but he was bleeding out, and was also Red Hood, so it would probably end poorly either way.