- your fairytale love song -

these are all taken from Spotify playlists that I liked, comment if you want a link to them!!

- Ivy

DICK

stardust - Nat King Cole

Dick is the special kind of sap who can flirt with subtly, like the act is a performance only for you. If a song like this came on at a party, Dick would look at you across the room through his bangs. All he had to do was catch your eye with that magnetic spark, and you'd go home humming love songs.

BARBARA

claire de lune - Claude Debussy

When she works, Barbara prefers a little background sound. For a while, she was content with the Clocktower's humming mechanics, but eventually, you made her an old-fashioned cassette tape of songs for her to listen to. All of them were instrumentals that she can push to the back of her mind, but this one sticks out to her. It's much, much more affectionate in nature, and she can't help but hope you put it there on purpose.

CASS

waltz of the flowers, the nutcracker - Tchaikovsky

A classic ballet song, it has plenty of room for movement and the shedding of energy. Cass has an obvious love for dance, especially ballet, and loves to share it with you. Ballet is for her what yelling is for other people—a satisfying and necessary release. Watching her perform is awe-inspiring, but joining in is just as fun. You like to take Cass' hands and spin her, and she promises that your form is perfect, even if you fall over. Twice. A couple times.

JASON

amore mio aiutami (help me, my love) - Piero Piccioni

Jason is definitely not one for love songs, but dammit, he knows great music when he hears it. It also comes from a vintage Italian film, which gives it some brownie points for him. With all the trouble sleeping he has, it's the perfect night-time playlist, and this song is all-too-easy to sneak in... while you're snuggling... where Jason can admire you...

STEPHANIE

the swan, carnival of the animals - Camille Saint-Saëns

Back when Steph first began to feel confident in her piano lessons, this was the song she was shooting for. It was the one her teacher had played for her to get her enthusiastic about learning, but between her home life and Spoiler, it never really worked out that way. She just didn't have the heart for it. But you're the kind of person to bust out the piano skills for. All Steph has to do is learn the song—and she will, if it means wooing you just a little.

TIM

again - Doris Day, The Mellomen

Jack Drake is an old-fashioned guy in many ways, especially with his taste in music. And though Tim's feelings toward Jack are complicated, he can at least rely on and be proud of their shared song choices. Sure enough, it pulls through for Tim—the slow vocals mesmerize you into a cheesy, messy slow dance with him at night in the kitchen. All according to plan.

DUKE

so this is love, cinderella - Illene Woods, Mike Douglas

Duke has had a handful of relationships before, but not one quite like this. A lot of his past romantic moments have been confused by awkward childhood feelings and his mission, but you're very real to him, and Duke wants to prove it to you. He expects himself to get embarrassed when you start humming this song to tease him, but for the first time, Duke feels the tenderness of it in full. This is real; you like him and he likes you, and there's nothing more special than that.

DAMIAN

the flower garden, howl's moving castle  - Joe Hisaishi

Since he was deprived of children's media for most of his life, it's become his guilty pleasure—despite what Damian claims. He goes into movies like these to study backgrounds or perspective in his sketchbook, but he comes out of them with whimsical, romantic thoughts of you. This score is at first very somber, and its louder parts soften into meaningful ones... Much like Damian has with you.

 Much like Damian has with you