Chapter 14 {Drunk}

Riley's Pov

After Brynlee told me to leave, I did, but I didn't expect to be driving to the bar at 3:30 in the morning to pick her drunk ass up. My aunt called me around last call, waking me up may I add, and told me that Brynlee was way to shitfaced to make smart decisions, so here I am on my way to my aunt and uncles bar.

Brynlee's Pov

"Brooke, please give me another drink!" "No, last call was 10 minutes ago and besides I cut you off 20 minutes ago." "Oh come on Brookie! Your no fun!" She gave me a look. "Good your here." "Ooo! Who's here?" "Your boyfriend." I whipped my head around to see Riley walking in. "Baby! You came to join the fun!" I jumped off the stool and ran over to him. I wrapped my arms around his waist and he didn't hesitate to return the favor. My legs felt like jelly having just sat for so long. "I missed you so much baby!" "Okay, Brynlee I missed you too but I need to take you home." "Why! I like hanging out at the bar!" He laughed. "I can tell." "Alright Riley get her out of here before another guy from this town takes a drunk girl home with them." Riley nodded. "Come on baby." "Bye guys!" I waved to everyone in the bar. Riley grabbed my hand and led me out into the dark. "Can we go get ice cream? Please, I have money on me?" "Darling, you know that even if there was an ice cream shop open I wouldn't let you pay for it." I gave him big puppy dog eyes. "Come on lets go home."

I nodded and kept quiet until I noticed something on the dash board. "Oh my gosh is this me?" I pulled the photo down and held it in my hand. "You love me!" "I do love you baby." He took the picture out of my hand and held my hand. "I love you so much."

We drove back to his house. He held my hand tightly as we walked up to his bedroom. I kept a drawer of clothes in his house so he helped me out of my jeans and into a pair of shorts and a loose t-shirt that happened to be his. 'Aww this smells just like you." Riley smiled at me. "It's my shirt honey." "Is it?" He nodded, before changing himself. He layed down in the bed pulling me down with him. "We should have sex." I whispered, staring up at the ceiling. "No." "Why?" "Because your drunk, it's 4 in the morning, and your not sober enough to make those types of decisions. I'm not taking advantage of a drunk girl." I smiled at him. "Your a good boyfriend." "Thank you." "Goodnight." "Goodnight, I love you Riley." "I love you too."

The Next Morning

I woke up to an empty bed, and a pounding headache. I checked the time on the alarm clock. 8:29. There was two Advil on the nightstand next to a bottle of water. "Thank you Riley." I whispered to myself. I took the two Advil and went downstairs. God I was tired. I couldn't fully remember what happened last night but I do remember that my dad died last night. I went into the bathroom and the first thing I noticed was the bags around my eyes. I didn't sleep well last night and I probably wouldn't for a while. I walked out to the kitchen. Reese was sitting at the table eating breakfast and Riley was nowhere to be seen. "Where's Riley?" "He's at your house, he wanted me to bring you down there when you got up, so if you wanna get changed." I nodded and went upstairs.

Changing into the same clothes I had on last night I got into the passenger seat of Reese's truck. "How're you doing?" "I'm alright, could be better." "Yeah, I get that." "He's in a better place you know?" "I know. I just wish I had more time." "I get that." I nodded and she continued to drive to my house. Riley and Krew were cutting up 2 by 4s. "What are you guys doing?" I asked when I got out. "Cutting up the wood we have left for the new barn." "How much do we need?" "A lot."

"Hold on." I went upstairs and up to my bedroom. After changing into a different pair of jeans I went over to my safe that I had in my closet. The safe had my pistol in it, the ammo for my pistol, shotgun shells, my passport, and 8,000 dollars in cash. I grabbed 500 dollars and shoved it in my pocket. Before I went downstairs I went over to Cody's room. She was doing school work. "Hey." "Oh hey, I didn't know you were home." "Yeah I just got here." I said before sitting next to her. "Are you okay?" I asked. "Yeah, what about you?" "No, I'm not, but I will be. You were closer to dad then any of us were. Are you sure your okay Cody? I was 15 when mom died, I know what it's like to lose a parent as a teenager." "Honestly I'm not okay. I wanna scream and cry." "Then you do that. And if you need me I am always here. You know that." "I know." I smiled at her before going back outside.

"Here." I handed Krew the 500 dollars. "Where did you get this?" "Ask less questions, and go buy more lumber instead." Krew took the money from me and got into his truck, Riley following behind. I watched them pull out of the driveway. I went over to my dad's truck and grabbed the cross necklace off of the rearview mirror and placed it around my neck. "I miss you and I love you."