Nightmares (Beeduo)

Black and white claws shoved snow out of their way, the cold seeming to send a creeping shiver up into Ranboo's legs. Small flakes of white passed his vision, the blizzard making the surroundings foggy.

All that could be made out was the snow under his feet and the whirling storm that rang through his ears. No trees, no buildings, no people. Ranboo could barely see through it all, his thoughts going crazy.

What happened? Where am I? What is this?

"Hello?" Ranboo called into the fog, freezing in his suit. Suddenly, a light showed in the distance through the storm, almost as if he had summoned it. With the bright glow being his only hope, he desperately heaved himself towards it, the wind holding him back. The sound of the harsh blizzard around him only appeared to get louder as the light shined brighter with every step.

Soon, before him, a table could faintly be seen. Nothing special about it, just a simple wooden table. Ranboo got closer to it, finding a note stapled to the surface. He leaned closer, being able to read the words once it got clear enough. It read:

"Ranboo, I'm leaving this place and leaving you with it. I've run off, don't bother to look, I want to be safer than I ever was with you. Sorry, Boo. -Tubbo"

The enderman hybrid's hands shook with disbelief. Tubbo? Leaving? No, it can't be. Tubbo wouldn't just... leave him... would he? He might've... Oh fuck, he did. he did, he did, he did, nonononono...!

Ranboo stumbled back, tears threatening to sting his eyes. His breathing became heavy and inconsistent as he dropped to his knees, his muscles refusing to keep him upright.

"No.. Tubbo, please! No, I need you, come back..." The last word could barely be heard as sobs escaped him. One of the droplets fell down, leaving a burning pain on his cheek.

Out of nowhere, his whole upper face burst into a terrible heat...

Ranboo's eyes weakly opened as he felt a wetness on the soft sheets under his head. A... A dream? Hot tears stung his face as he lifted his head, grabbing the pillow and wiping his face.

He looked down to his left, to see a very comfy, and very asleep, Tubbo. He wanted to hug his husband, cry into his shoulder, grateful it wasn't a reality. However, Ranboo couldn't bring himself to wake the sleeping boy.

He let out a pained sigh, sitting up more in the bed. Ranboo put his limp hand up to his mouth, closing his eyes, still trying to calm himself down. That's when he heard the door lightly being pushed open. The faint glow of the lamp resting in the hallway bled into the dark room through a small gap between the door and its frame. A round silhouette stood at the bottom, its details being harder to see, but the light from around it helped Ranboo make out the shapes.

"M-... Michael?" Ranboo whispered, just loud enough to be heard from the door. The little pig creature took a step closer in the room, a small, beaten-up stuffed bee in his hand. The enderman hybrid extended his black and white arms, a caring expression on his face.

Michael quickly trotted to the bed, Ranboo reaching down with his upper body and scooping up him up. He shifted closer to the side of the bed, crossing his long, thin legs and placing Michael in the middle. The baby piglin had a concerned look on his face, quiet snorts able to be heard.

Ranboo figured he must've wakened the poor little guy in his sleep. Of course, Tubbo slept through it all...

He ran his hand onto Michael's head, shushing him under his breath. The concerned expression his adoptive son wore faded away, being replaced by a content, happy look on his face. Ranboo smiled, happy to know he was at ease again.

He picked up Michael from under his arms, lifting the small creature back onto the wooden floor of their bedroom. His tiny hooved feet clacked against the hard surface, Ranboo wincing at the noise. Michael exited the room, not bothering to shut the door.

Sleepy grunting came from beside Ranboo, and he looked over to see Tubbo blocking the intruding light from his half-open eyes. The ram boy's ear flicked, softly slapping his pillow as he rolled himself over to look towards the door.

"Wha... What the f- Huh?" Opening his eyes more, his vision landed on his husband, who was sat up watching him awaken. Tubbo looked confused at first, seeing the door open, but his confusion swiftly became concern as he looked at the light burns under Ranboo's eyes.

"Oh, Boo..." Tubbo reached the hand he was holding up against the light to Ranboo's cheek, holding the side of his face with his scarred hand. He gently rubbed his thumb over the taller's cheek, giving him a soft smile.

Tubbo sat up more as he turned his body to face Ranboo, locking eyes with him.

"Tubbo... I-" Ranboo got cut off by Tubbo, who wrapped his other hand around his neck to pull him closer. The enderman hybrid looked down in what looked to be shame, his long tail curling up to his body.

"I had a really, really bad nightmare." Ranboo choked out, tears forming in his eyes again. Tubbo simply gave him an empathetic look, understanding well how those can be. He brought his hand down from Ranboo's neck, letting their foreheads rest against each other.

"Do you wanna tell Tubz about it?" Tubbo asked in a calm, quiet voice. Ranboo slowly took hold of the ram's free hand, keeping a tight grip.

"You-" Ranboo paused to sob. Tubbo wiped the tear with his thumb, continuing to listen. "You were gone. You just left me and I was alone..! I didn't know where you were at, I-I..." Sizzling filled the air as tears flowed down the enderman hybrid's face, him struggling to form words through choked sobs.

Tubbo closed his eyes, pressing himself closer to the taller man.

"Ranboo, I would never leave without you, you're a part of me, something would be missing without my favorite memory boy..." Tubbo moved his index finger from resting on his husband's cheek to wiping his burning tears with the knuckle. The shorter of the pair softly smiled, his expression a mix of worry and confidence.

Tubbo opened his eyes to see Ranboo staring right back at him. He suddenly felt long arms wrap around him, shocking him. The ram boy looked down to see Ranboo, relaxed in his arms. A moment later, small snores escaped his mouth.

Such panic must've tired him out. Haha. Tubbo held him back, sliding them both back down into the mattress. He rested his head on top of the other's, soon drifting back to sleep. 

Good to know he was able to comfort his favorite Oreo boy. <3

End

Thankies for reading! :D I had some writer's block near the end but was able to get it finished! Hopefully, it didn't come out too bad but I plan on making more of these in the future!

Have a good rest of your existence, I'll see you next time! (unless writer's block decides to nae nae me again -_-)

(1153 words)