04

~ Rori ~

warning(s): blood

The moment I got home that night, Theo texted to make sure I got home safe.

I should have been friends with someone like him a long time ago if that's how he treats all his friends.

Whatever, today was my day off, Friday.

I kind of dread Fridays, to be honest. It's only closer and closer to the next Sunday.

If you like Sundays, I'm probably going to need to murder you and your whole family.

However, if you're a SWAT member reading this, that was just a joke.

Anyway, Mel invited me over to her house for whatever reason, so I got ready to go there.

Losing my phone is becoming a habit. I should tape it to my arm. But that wouldn't be cute, so I'd probably have to get the cute polka-dot washy tape. Yeah.

+++

And there we sat, in Paris, with our beautiful baby boy and our golden retriever.

And to think, a couple years ago, I was worrying about washy tape and fashion.

It's crazy how time flies.

Just kidding, Mel and I were sitting in a cafe, and it gave me Paris vibes.

She was telling me about a guy she met at a party.

"Rori, if I could have married him on the spot, I would have. Dead serious, he was perfect."

I jabbed around my plate with a fork. "Well, did you at least talk to him?"

She shook her head. "No, but tonight I will."

"What, are you gonna track him down?"

"Although I could, Alec's throwing a party tonight and most of our friends are going. He's spreading it everywhere like it's a wedding or something, so I'm pretty sure he's gonna be there."

"What's it for?" I raise my head up to look at her.

"For fun, I guess. You're obligated to go." She pointed her fork at me.

I shrugged.

"No. No! You always do this!" She gasped. "You're going."

I thought for a little, trying to find an excuse. "I have work tomorrow morning."

"I'll take care of that for you. Just please, come and have fun, for once." She pleaded.

"I have fun, just not like a frat boy."

She raised her eyebrows. "Maybe you'll meet a guy there. You never know."

"Whatever, I'll see you later." I set out some money to take care of the meal and stood up.

"Where are you going?"

"Planning an outfit." I smiled, pushing the doors open.

I know who would probably love to come.

me: hi

loser: hey

me: do you like parties

loser: no

me: okay well you're gonna like them for tonight

loser: no

me: one of my friends is throwing a party at his house and my friend's forcing me to go

loser: have fun