5: The Garden

Luna

"LIAM, have you ever had sex?" I'm sitting on one of the garden benches watching Liam prepare his horse, but my sudden statement makes him stop mid-action. He turns to look at me with surprise and I can quickly tell that, not only did he not expect this question, he had no interest in discussing it.

"Um," He runs a hand through his brown locks and his eyes dart from his horse, to the ground, to me. "I'm not sure if we should be having this conversation." I cross my arms and lean back. I wasn't going to drop the subject so easily.

"From the look on your face, you've either had lots of sex or none at all." I toss a smirk in his direction and this makes him laugh. The awkwardness doesn't fully melt away, but Liam does walk over and take a seat beside me.

"Yes, Luna. I've had sex," He's throws his arm over the back of the bench, resting it there. "Lots of sex." I study his face to see if he's lying, but I can quickly tell he's not.

"What does it feel like?" The flush in Liam's cheeks returns and now he's shaking his head.

"No, no, no." He stands and walks back over to his horse. "I will absolutely not be having this conversation with you, Luna."

"But Liam-"

"Your father is already unhappy that we spend so much time together," He grabs onto his horse and mounts it before looking at me again. "If he overhead this, my head would be on a stake."

I don't have a chance to protest because Liam gives his horse a quick kick and they're off. I sigh, knowing very well that I shouldn't have been asking Liam those questions, but it's something that's been on my mind lately. The more I think about the my upcoming birthday, my upcoming marriage, the more I think about what that truly means. Sex.

"It feels like you're floating." A familiar voice catches me off guard and I physically jump, turning my head toward the source. My heart stops. The world stops. I am a puddle on the ground.

Harry is walking toward me and he's smiling sheepishly. Today, he's sporting his new armor and suddenly I'm thinking about sex so much more. This time, it has nothing to do with the future but everything to do with the present.

"Does it?" The words barely leave my mouth. I am whispering. Harry is towering over me as he leans against the back of the bench. He nods and I can't help but notice the way the sun lights every single curl on his head.

"It feels like everything inside you is on fire. It's feel like you're burning alive if burning alive was all about pleasure and less about pain." He's walking around the bench now, claiming the spot that Liam once sat in. "It feels like nothing else matters except you and that person as you hungrily try to mold yourselves into one body instead of two."

I.

Am.

Flushed.

Suddenly, I'm crossing my legs and leaning closer. I want to know more, but I don't want him to tell me. I want him to show me.

"It is the best feeling in the world, my dear Luna." He is smiling at me now, but there is something in his eyes that I've never seen before. I crave to know what it is.

"Harry..." I barely recognize my own voice. My eyes fall onto his lips and I want nothing more than to lean over and taste them. I want to taste him. I want to burn alive.

What is wrong with me?

"Princess!" A voice breaks me out of Harry's trance and I'm pleased when I see the disappointment on Harry's face, too. Burn me, Harry.

"Princess!" The voice calls again and footsteps are starting to approach. Harry stands up quickly and I don't get the chance to say anything before he starts walking away. I want to call his name and tell him to come back. I don't.

"Princess," The voice is above me now, but my eyes occupying the space Harry was in. "I've been looking for you. Liam said you might be out here." I finally look, clearing my throat as I stand.

"Zayn," I greet him with a curtsy. "It's nice to see you." Not really.

He grinning at me, his brown eyes staring deep into mine and refusing to look elsewhere. I clear my throat once again, hoping he'll look away.

"I came to see if you wanted to take a ride with me this evening," He reaches for my hand and even though I want to hide it behind my back, I let him take it. "I'd love to get to know my future wife." He places a gentle kiss on my hand. I don't feel anything.

"Actually, Zayn," I muster up an apologetic smile in his direction. "I'm not feeling very feel today. I woke up lightheaded and thought a walk in the garden would help, but I think I'd much rather spend my evening in bed. Maybe tomorrow?" The lie comes out of me easier than I expected. I can see the disappointment flash across Zayn's face, but he quickly replaces it with a short nod of understanding.

"Of course, Princess." Another kiss on my hand. "Can I at least walk you to your chamber?"

I let him.

________________

A/N: Is it hot in here or is it just me?! I'm finally finishing this book y'all and I am highly motivated by the thought of more scenes like this. Don't forget to vote, comment, and share!! xx