𝒑𝒓𝒆𝒇𝒂𝒄𝒆

poetry for the hearts tarnished by love or the sudden death of it. for the hearts that find a soft lullaby in the pages when raw hope is not enough to put the worries to sleep. for the hearts that bleed ink to paint the chalky roses of life red with words--you'll find my own ink here. and i hope you find a harlequin garden in my poetry. sweet lavender. daybreak lilies. sun-kissed dahlias. a poem for every emotion ripping at your soul, begging to be unleashed on paper.

this collection has several themes and ideas--find something you like. let's get lost in the tall fields of dawn's first breath and dandelion song, tucking flowers in the forests of our hair. let's get lost in the words and not in the world. for a moment, let your tarnished heart out of its cage, and hold it to your sleeve. wear it proudly as you read. just for a moment. to feel something and let it be shown. there is nothing shameful in having a heart that has dented-in chambers and rust. it has seen the salt cries of the ocean, the metronome kisses of summer rain, the moonlight tears that have dried into scars on cheeks. it's been corroded by the waters, tarnished. it is not afraid.

well... um yeah that's the pretentious shit i thought up at 2am about a week ago for the description of this. to sum it up - this is a random poetry collection that has no major recurring themes or ideas, sorry to disappoint. but i still put a lot of thought and love into my poems even if they don't always connect to each other in the collection. 

anyways, i hope you enjoy this!!

the first poem will be up soon, hopefully. i've been procrastinating writing it for like two weeks (centuries, ik), but i'm working on it now lol.

and alsoooo - thank you to the amazing lifebytheseashore for the pretty cover!!

love,

mari