Tyler's house - Chapter 6

|Wednesday, August 7, 4:34 pm|

E R I N I M O N I E L

I had arrived outside of Tyler's house. It was a very nice house, a bit bigger then my old house. Y'know the one that got burned down.

To say the least, it was beautiful. But back to the topic.

His house was decorated with plants outside. And two very nice cars were parked outside. One was a black Mercedes and the other was a grey BMW. I park my car at the curb and turn off the engine.

I take a deep breathe in. Alright, I can do this.

I get out of my car, quickly fix my shirt before walking to the front door.

I ring the door bell. I stand there awkwardly and admire the porch. They had two pot of plants, both next to the door on each side. They had a window next to it, but it was closed. They had gray curtains up.

A few seconds later I hear footsteps approaching the door. The door handle moves, and I am greeted by a very handsome young man, aka Tyler.

"Hey, you made it! Please, come in." He says with a smile, and he moves out of the way to let me in.

"Yeah, nice house." I say as I step in. I leave my shoes at the doorway, since they had carpet. So glad I'm wearing socks. I hate going barefoot in front of others.

The house on the inside was even better then it was outside. It was so homey. It made me feel welcomed. Exactly how I feel when I enter Coral or Devin's house. Maybe it has to do something with family, or the life inside.

I wonder if my old house ever felt like that to other people. I hope it did. My parents were the most welcoming people you could ever meet.

"Thanks, it's all my parents work. Anyway make yourself at home and I'll get us some drinks," he said as he showed me the living room.

"Okay, I can't stay long though, I have plans after. So let's try to finish the work as fast as possible." I say as I sit down on the couch. The couch was very nice, it was gray, but with black throw pillows. It was soft, I would definitely sleep on it.

"That's alright, I'll grab my backpack." He stated before heading up the stairs. I look around, there were photos everywhere of his family. It looks like he has two siblings. Both younger. I wonder where they are, and his parents. His parents look really happy in the pictures.

A few seconds later, he comes rushing down with his backpack on his shoulder. "Alright, you can start, I'll get us drinks. Want anything specific?" He asked as he set down the backpack near the coffee table.

"Do you have Pink lemonade?" I ask.

"As a matter of fact, we do. My younger brothers loves it. My sister is more of a hot chocolate person," He said with a smile. He must love his siblings a lot. I wish I had a sibling. I've always wanted one, but my parents said that they only wanted one kid.

I nod, to confirm that I'm listening. He heads out of the room, towards the kitchen I presume. I start to take out my papers and a pencil from my backpack. I sit on the floor with my legs crossed. The light colored carpet tickling my legs.

Just as Tyler came back with two drinks in his hand, the door bell rang.

"Huh?" Tyler looked confused before setting the drinks down on the coffee table before heading out of the room once again to go see who's at the  door.

I hear the door open, and then I hear talking. I wait patiently on the floor. I hear footsteps coming in what seems like my direction. As the talking grew louder, I turned my head to see three guys coming through the archway. My eyes widen as I see Owen and Alister here.

Ahh shit.

When Alister saw me, he immediately stopped smiling and scowled. However, when Owen saw me, his smile widened.

"ERIN! Oh my god! It's been like forever!" Owen said in a funny voice. I smile at him.

"Hey Owen, it's nice to see you," I say politely.

"What're you doing here?" Alister suddenly speaks up. His voice evident that he doesn't like this.

"Well hello to you too," I say sarcastically. I roll my eyes after.

"She's here because we have an assignment to finish together," Tyler speaks up to Alister before looking at me, "Sorry Erin, I forgot I invited them over today. But we can still finish our assignment."

"It's fine, I don't mind. And yeah." I say nodding.

"Alright, you guys can finish your, math, and Alister and I will go to your pool." Owen pretended to gag before and after saying math. I smile at him. He was a fun person to be around. What I don't get, is why the hell is this happy person hanging out with a grumpy asshole.

Alister and Owen left the living room and Tyler sat down next to me to work.

"Let's get started partner," he smiled at me. We both started talking and working. I could hear distant shouts from my left, which I presume is Owen. Time passed quickly. Before I knew it, it was 6:17 pm.

I had to get to Coral's house by 7. So I still have some time to go home and change into dinner clothes.

At the same time I heard a door open, and the voices became louder. As did the footsteps.

I turn around and see Owen and Alister coming inside. Both fully clothed, but there wet hair indicated that they were, in fact, in the pool. Or they just showered, either one.

"You're still here?" Alister asks rudely.

"Yeah, but I'm just leaving." I say as I pack up.

"We're going out for dinner, do you want to tag along?" Owen asked excitedly. Oh Owen, I wish I could.

"Can't tonight, I already dinner plans. Maybe another night." I politely decline, but give him the biggest smile to soften the blow.

"What? You have a date tonight?" Alister asked with a amused smirk. His tone accusingly.

"No, I don't. Unfortunately for the guys and girls, I'm not looking for a relationship right now." I say with a scowl.

"Guys and girls? You like girls as well?" Tyler asked shocked. His eyes wide, but still looked at me waiting anxiously for an answer.

"Yeah, I like girls. But I've never been in a serious relationship. And don't plan to for a while." I say with a smile.

"You look like person that would be homophobic." Alister says bluntly. My eyes widen at him.

I was definitely shocked by this.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Yes, I know it's really short. Butttt Scholl started. And highschool has kept me busy. So either it's short chapters and often updated. Or long chapters and slow updates.

Follow my Insta and Tiktok
Husky25107
I post updates about the story. And it would mean a lot!