Echos 43.

"Your heart stopped. You had no pulse. I just... I don't understand how you could survive..." Abby said. She was moving her flashlight around in my eyes. I smiled slightly at her.

"Maybe I just... Got lucky?" I said smiling slightly. She sighed.

"One hell of a leprechaun," She said.

"I'm just glad she's okay," Marcus said. I smiled. Abby nodded and walked out of the room. I sighed.

"I'm okay-"

"I didn't do anything... I just sat there. And watched my own daughter bleed to death" He said staring at the ground. I sighed.

"I don't blame you. Allie had control of your mind." I said. He looked up at me.

"You should," He said. I shook my head.

"I'm tired of blaming you for the misfortune of my life," I said. He chuckled slightly. He stared at me.

"I might not have always been there when you were younver but... I know when your lying" He said. I looked at him. I shook my head.

"I didn't lie," I said. He smiled.

"You died. You were dead for more than 7 minutes, Xania. You had no brain activity. No heart beating... I don't believe you were lucky from coming back from the dead after 30 minutes" He said. I stared at him.

"Can you just trust me?" I asked. He sighed. I put my hand on his.

"Please?" I asked. He was reluctant but nodded.

"Stay here." He said.

I sat up. I had taken a nap. I looked in the corner of the room. It was Sheidheda. I stood up slowly. I walked toward him. He was sitting down by a table. I approached him carefully.

"I don't have the flame anymore. What are you doing here?" I said. He looked up at me.

"Care for a rematch?" He asked.

"Where's Charmaine?" I asked. He shrugged.

"Sit," He said. I don't think I had a choice. I sat down and stared at him.

"Most of the grounders saw you awaken. They also saw you die." He said. I gulped. "If they see you the knowledgable ones will know you are Messheda." He said. I sighed. "You didn't tell anyone that you were Messheda. I'm assuming that's because you don't want them to know. Even your precious Clarke." He said. I stared at him.

"What do you want?" I asked.

"I want for you to rule everyone. I want you to be the commander" He said. I moved a chess piece. I shook my head.

"I can't," I said. He groaned.

"You are Messheda. Even if you try and ignore it... You were born to lead the grounders" He said. I stayed quiet.

"Xania" I heard my father say. I looked toward the door.

"What is it?" I asked.

"What are you doing?" he asked.

"Nothing... What is it?" I asked groaning as I stood up.

"Skaikru is going back to Arkadia. I want you to go with them" He said. I used the table for support to stand up.

"Comply with him. Go back to Arkadia. Azgeda will kill you for being a nightbleeda. Once you awaken they will hide you away and leave you in a prison for the rest of your life" He said.

"Okay," I said. My arm started shaking from the weight of my body. My father walked toward me. He held onto my arm.

"What did you see?" He whispered. I stared at him.

"Nothing..." I said. He sighed. He looked at the table I was sitting at. He nodded.

"Let's go." He said. He handed me a stick that was shaped into a cane. I used it and limped as he helped me out of the room.

Someone was helping me as I entered Arkadia. I thanked them and walked into Engineering. Raven, Harper, and Monty were sitting together. They turned to me.

"you look like hell" Raven said. I smiled. Monty came over and hugged me. I hugged him back.

"What's with the cane?" Harper asked.

"Basically drained of all my blood. Vampires suck," I said sitting down. Everyone looked a little uneasy. "If you're going to tell me that the world is ending in 6 months I already know," I said. They all looked at me.

"How do you know?" Raven asked. Becca told me but I couldn't tell them that.

"Clarke told me," I said. They nodded.

"So... We're like cripple buddies now," Raven said. I smiled slightly.

"I won't be like this forever," I said standing up.

"Just keep telling yourself that," Raven said patting my shoulder. I laughed.

"Yeah, I'm going to go take a nap," I said nodding. They all waved bye.

My head hurt like a bitch. I don't know why though. I sat down on my bed and rubbed my eyes. Once I opened them Lexa was in front of me. I sighed.

"Thank the gods your not Sheidheda. That guy is mad aggressive" I said laying down. Lexa stared at me. "What?" I asked.

"Sheidheda was called The dark commander for a reason. Don't let him get to you" She said. I sighed.

"Yeah, well I've been seeing people inside of my mind for a while now," I said.

"Is that who this Charmaine is?" Lexa said. I looked over at her.

"Yeah, how do you know her?" I asked.

"All the commanders have access to each other's memories and knowledge," She said. I chuckled.

"Is that why my head hurts so bad? I'm slowly becoming crazy?" I asked.

"No. I believe Becca's knowledge is... adapting better to you than it did the other commanders." She said. I sighed.

"I should have never put that thing in my head," I said. She laughed. I looked at her. "Did you just laugh?" I asked raising an eyebrow. She smiled and nodded. My back burned.

"Aah," I said wincing at the pain and shooting up. "What was that?" I asked Lexa. She smiled.

"I thought now would be the best time," She said gesturing to a mirror. I walked over to it. I took off my shirt and looked at my back. There was an infinity mark on the back of my neck. "You can thank Becca for that one." She said.

"One?" I asked. I continued looking at my back. There was a line of planets going down my back.

"Yours truly" She said. My wrist burned. I down at my wrist. There was a snake on my forearm.  "Kemji" She said. My right shoulder burned. I looked at it. There was a tribal marking on it.
"Meffi" She said. I groaned. My left hand burned. I looked at it. There were chains going up my fingers. "Sheidheda insisted," She said sounding unamused. My chest burned. I had to grab the table for this one. It felt like I was getting burned by a hot knife. Once it was over I breathed heavily. I looked at my chest. There was a large sun-like marking. "And yours," She said. I smiled slightly.

"Where's Charmaine?" I asked touching the marking.

"I don't know. She seems to still be lingering in your mind. I don't think she wants to show herself though" Lexa said. I sighed.

"How am I supposed to hide this from everyone?" I asked.

"Only yours will stay. You don't have to hide them from Skaikru. Just everyone else." She said. I scoffed.

"How is this even possible?" I asked running my hands along with the markings. She shrugged.

"Don't ask me. I just know that it happened to all of us" She said. I looked at her. "I find the sun suiting..." She said. I looked at her. I smiled slightly. I looked back at my chest.

"This is going to draw a lot of unwanting attention to my tits," I said. I looked back at Lexa. She was gone. "Bitch" I muttered.