03 | DEJA VU

1 YEAR AFTER THE FUNERAL

jeno just wanted a normal and calm day. a day where he can just rest without any disturbance from other people, a day where he can just relax reading books or playing some mobile games, or sitting in the balcony with his favorite snacks.

just one fine day.

and it was only 7 in the morning,

when one of his best friend declared a war.

"YOU'RE GOING TO GET IT, PARK JISUNG!"

"WHY ME?!"

"WHY DID YOU STEAL MY NINTENDO?!"

"WHY WOULD I STEAL YOUR NINTENDO, I HAVE MY OWN!"

"LIAR!"

"WHAT THE- WHY ARE YOU MAKING A MESS RIGHT NOW?! WE ARE SUPPOSED TO LEAVE IN AN HOUR! CHENLEE!!!!"

rip one fine day.

and how can the others sleep peacefully with this kind of noise in the morning. the fact that the only reason why jeno never had a peaceful morning was this. zhong chenle and park jisung bickering, it was totally an everyday routine.

but today was different.

maybe today's bickering was the last bickering jeno will hear for the next couple of years.

because those two guys are going to continue their studies in college, with the same major and same classes. everything was the exact same, even their result for finals were the same.

he didn't want to know how they managed to do that.

but he did know that the college they were attending was a college near chenle's house, and chenle paid for everything so they can study there smoothly and nicely, including jisung's fees. of course jisung didn't say no. jeno wouldn't say no too.

jeno knew he was going to miss all these yells and loud noises from them, maybe that was why they higher up their volume today.

"CHENLE WHY ARE YOU THROWING AWAY MY LUGGAGE"

"NO BIG DEAL I PAID FOR IT"

he used to wonder why renjun bought a land and built a house in the woods, the neighbourhood was 5 kilometers far from them and the grocery store was at least 3 kilometers far. it took him only one night to figure it out why renjun did that.

it was horrible at first, but he got used to it. as a result, even renjun and jaemin aren't waking up in the morning even though how loud their friends are. jeno didn't have to use his alarm anymore. he didn't have to use his money to buy clocks for morning alarms, and he can save his money!

but still, he knew he was going to miss them. and he probably need to buy an alarm by the end of today.

"okay guys, cut it out..." again, he walked into the 'fight' in a hope he could stop the loud noises. sometimes, he succeeded. sometimes, the noise became louder. why? because he lost his patience in calming them down and ended up joining the fight.

"chenle accused me in stealing his nintendo. i swear it wasnt me! he probably misplaced it somewhere."

"if i misplaced it i would have found my nintendo by now! i've searched the whole house!" chenle stomped his feet. he can buy a new one, but he literally bought that nintendo two days ago.

"nope, you didn't check the whole house." jeno put out his index finger as he walked pass through his friends.

"you didn't check the rooftop yet."