Tryouts Part 2

I continued to look around backstage during the 12th performance. I've met 6 different people, 2 of which hate me and clearly has something against me. I went around to see who else I can meet when I heard another number get called.

???: Okay, number 13, we are ready for you!

Number 13 walked past me put towards the stage. I only had about 2-3 minutes left before it's my turn. I continued to walk and try to meet new people, most of which didn't want to talk to me, and some were just focusing on their performances. I decided to give up after 20 seconds and sat down in a chair. I put in my headphones and listened to another song in my playlist. Not even 5 seconds later and I felt a hand touch my shoulder. I jumped a little and opened my eyes. And standing before me was the cast from the first show. I took off my headphones and decided to talk to them, just to pass some time.

Me: Hey.

Rosita: Hi. I'm sorry if we scared you.

Me: It's okay.

Rosita: I can see that you're Number 14.

The woman pig pointed at my badge number and I looked down at it.

Me: Yeah. I'm actually up next.

Rosita: That's awesome. Well, let me introduce myself. My name is Rosita. And these are my friends Ash, Gunter, Johnny, and Meena.

With every name, she pointed at a different animal. I saw that she was Rosita alongside a guy pig who was Gunter, the porcupine was Ash, Johnny was the gorilla, and the elephant was Meena.

Me: Well, hello, everyone. My name's Jason.

Meena: It's nice to meet you, Jason.

Me: It's nice to meet you guys and girls too.

Johnny: What brings you here?

Me: Same reason for why everyone else is here.

Ash: Makes sense. You know, last time we auditioned and got selected, there was no prize money.

Me: Are you serious?

Johnny: Dead serious. We found out before the flood happened.

Me: There was a flood?

Meena: Yeah, there was a flood. A bear came in and cracked the floor with a bat. At the time, the floor was glass, just like now.

Me: Awesome!

???: Number 14, we're ready for you now!

Me: Well, it's my turn.

Rosita: Good luck, Jason.

Ash: Knock em dead, pal.

I nodded and headed towards the stage. With my head high and my spirit higher, I proudly walked towards the stage and continued until I reached the microphone. There, I saw an iguana and a koala bear sitting at a table in front of the stage.

???: Well, you must be Jason, correct?

Me: Yes I am. I take it you're Buster Moon, the one that owns this entire theater?

Buster: Yep. That's me. And this is my assistant, Ms. Crawly.

Ms. Crawly: Hello.

Me: Hello.

Buster: Okay, now that you're here, you can start performing now. Blow us away.

I smiled at that as the music started playing. It was the one I requested too. These guys are awesome. I took a deep breath and relaxed at the music continued. As the song started, I made sure to give it my all and make my family proud.