Hanging Out With Ash

*This chapter was inspired by @TheDefenestration. Thank you, and enjoy.

Practice has ended a little early today because Mr. Moon had to get some things done for the stage and didn't want anyone to see it until tomorrow. So practice has lasted until 1, and now everyone was getting ready to leave.
Rosita was gonna go and do some grocery shopping, Gunter was going to go home and do whatever, and Meena was going to go to the library and pick up some books. Leaving me, Johnny, and Ash to do whatever.

Ash: Does anyone have any plans?

Johnny: Yeah, I do. I'm going to fix the truck. It needs a new engine. It's gonna take all afternoon to get it fixed.

Me: Well, that sucks.

Johnny: Yeah, it does. So it looks like it's gonna be just you and Ash today.

Ash: Well, that's okay. Jason's a cool guy.

Johnny: As soon as the trucks ready to go again, I'll pick you up. Is that alright?

Me: Yeah, that's fine.

Johnny nodded and waved goodbye to me and Ash.

Me: So, what are we gonna do in the meantime, Ash?

Ash: I have an idea. There's a little Tiki bar not too far from here. We can go there and hang out. Is that alright?

Me: Sure. It's not like I can think of anything else to do.

And with that, me and Ash headed for the Tiki bar to hang out and have a fun time.

*15 minutes later*

We reached the Tiki bar and went inside. I've never been to this place before, so I had no idea what to expect when I got there. Today, the place was filled with people, and they were either talking with each other, or watching the performance on stage. The place smelled lively and looked lively, with posters of singers and bands from across the globe hung up on the walls. Next to the posters, however, was the flyer for the singing competition, the one with all the competitors on the page. I can see myself standing next to Sarah and Cole on the right side, standing in front of the group acts. The flyer made me happy, knowing that people were excited to see the show coming soon.

???: Hey, Ash. Long time no see.

A voice called out. I looked in the direction the voice came from and saw two porcupines. One girl wearing pink sunglasses and a denim jacket with a striped skirt. The other was a guy wearing a blue and black striped shirt and denim jeans. Ash did not look happy to see whoever this was. My question was soon answered.

Ash: Hey, Lance.

She glanced in the direction of the other porcupine.

Ash: Becky.

She said with almost an attitude. The one names Lance looked at me as if he was judging me.

Lance: Did you move on already?

He asked, which took me by surprise.

Ash: What do you mean?

Lance: Who's this guy?

He pointed at me as if I was supposed to be....
The realization soon hit me and I was about to choke. Did this guy really think that I was Ash's boyfriend?!

Ash: This is my friend, Jason. We came here to relax.

Becky: How cute. Well, it was nice bumping into you, but we have to go. But before we go, I have to do something. Lance, watch my stuff. I'll be back.

Becky handed her purse over to Lance and left to do whatever she needed to do. Lance turned towards us and continued speaking.

Lance: It's nice to see you again, Ash.