2. This Elder Brother Dislikes Cannibals

Oh shit. Well-

Hello darkness my old friend~

Soon after, Lei Song felt an acute loss of weight, almost as if he was floating on air. 'Twas not long before his lightened body hit rough hard ground, causing sudden daggers of pain to split open his thoughts. He promptly cursed and lost consciousness.

A blurry voice pierced through the fog to echo in his ears. "Ge, die-"

The startled reader shot up from his reclining position, then reached out to hold his painfully throbbing head as he struggled to not moan in pain. Then, he gingerly tried to open his eyes. Wait, were those bandages wrapped around his head?! He rubbed the the soft fabric his head seemed to be cocooned in and started again. Who, who bandaged my wound?

"Shixiong! Are you awake?" 

Lei Song was born in a wealthy, aristocratic family; mannerisms of loftiness and indifference had been hammered into his bones since childhood (this doubled as making him look dignified as he leisurely cursed at the other person in his mind but kept a poker face throughout). On hearing the unfamiliar voice, his aching spine straightened up like bamboo in an instant and he assumed a strict posture with his hands folded in his lap.

Oof, habit. He shrugged mentally. Can't help it.

He took a moment to scan his surroundings, then touched the bandage again. The room was simple yet very refined; he was clad in wuxia-style clothes seen in dramas... in his world, no one would even check whether he lived or died - much less bandage the wounds. Moreover, he could feel a gentle warmth coursing just under his skin, filling it with a heat which wasn't uncomfortable at all.

The conclusion was appallingly easy. His old problem caught up with him after all, and now he has woken up in another world, in someone else's skin.

"Shixiong?" The voice tried again, a bit weaker this time.

Lei Song was not frightened by this turn of events at all. 

Okay, maybe a little.

But he had read enough transmigration novels to know that screaming or acting mad won't get him anywhere except a demon exorcising ceremony or a dungeon. Something drastic must have happened to the original owner of this body, hence leading to an absence of the original flippin' soul, and he has a bandaged head - acting slightly amnesiac would not count as far-fetched. This world hopefully will be one of the hundred plus books he had read before, and he had unwavering faith in his memory (most of the time...), so now the only thing remaining was to get to know the original owner's name is.

He cleared his throat and called out. "Come... in." Then blinked. Wow, the voice's so clear and mellow! 

He picked at his fingernails. Ah, the fingers are so long and slender! 

I can see everything so clearly! What sharp senses!!! 

This must be some young master of a well-established sect! 

What good luck! 

I need a mirror to check out this body's appearance ASAP!

While he was mentally screaming, the other person stepped in and respectfully bowed, "This lowly shidi greets shixiong and humbly enquires of his condition."

Lei Song looked at the lad and noted his features. Good, but not outstanding enough to be the MC. Of course, he knew full well that he himself won't be the MC. Nah, it's an unspoken rule of transmigration - you have more chances of turning into a stray animal than be the MC.