Escape

As Amelia awoke, she felt her head spin, sitting up to clear her thoughts, only to blink and suddenly be in her kitchen, halfway through making a full meal. It was almost four in the morning, but she just kept going along with it, assuming her so-called 'autopilot' knew what it was doing.

She sighed as she sat down to eat, wondering if she could even take a bite, but she was too tired to feel nauseous. Too tired to feel angry.

She wandered her home for a while, then it dawned on her. She could go on a vacation somewhere new. Somewhere that would get her mind off of her failure.

She ran through the halls, skidding into the living room and pulling out her travel money from her savings, dialing Feliciano as fast as she could, and waiting almost impatiently as the phone rang.

Then, a chipper, darling, mischievous voice picked up on the other end.

"Ciao, Amelia! May I ask why you called today~?"

"Italy! Feli! Cici! My beloved-"

"What is it?"

"-....I... Need a vacay-"

"Oh! Why did you say so? You can come over and-"

"No, a vacation-vacation! Beaches! Relaxation! Rest! Clearing my mind-!"

"Oh!! Even better! Oh, Amelia! You can come over and I'll spend the entire time with you!"

"R-really? Feliciano thats so sweet-"

"Yeah! You sound desperate!"

"....Thanks. Er- but seriously. Thank you. Thank you so much Feli."

"No problem! What else are friends for?"

"Haha- yeah- uhm... I think I need to go back to bed-"

"Probably!"

"Yeah.... I'll talk to you later. Bye Feli-'

"Bye!!!!!"

He hung up almost immediately. Usual. He always either talked too much or too little.

Amelia flopped on her couch once more, giving it only a few minutes before she had completely passed out again.

Her failure still got to her, but she hoped that would be over soon.