Chapter 2 - A New Life

Recap ~

an old man entered the room first he bowed to that good looking man. Both of them exchanged greetings then the man came to the bed where Cookie was lying .

'Did this man answer me just now on this is my illusion.'

"Greetings Your Highness. I am the imperial physician Dr.William. I can answer all your questions and explain you everything. If I am given sometime alone with the Princess."

Hearing this the people who were surrounding Cookie left. At last the good looking people who were still concerned about something took their leave. Now the people left in that large room were Cookie and the old man who was supposed to be a doctor. Cookie was staring at the old man expecting that he could solve her questions which were harbouring by time.

"Why did you jump off the balcony Miss Cookie ?"

'So he does know about me but how should I answer him.'

"Actually I was surprised and scared at the same time seeing a new place."

"Hmm you are right. I should have explained you everything before sending you here."

"Oh so you are the person who sent me here but why?"

"Let me introduce my true self to you. I am Asula the soul god my job is to reward the humans for their good deeds and punish the ones who do the evil deeds. You were the purest soul I have met so far a person with no self consciousness or self care you just devoted your whole life for others. The reward for the purest soul is supposed to be something equivalent to your good work. Therefore you are gifted with a new life in a new world where you could live for yourself."

"This explains the whole thing that I am experiencing right now but whose
this body that I am possessing now."

"I apologise for the late introduction the new identity that you are possessing now is Princess Sofia the next heir of empire Enchancia. The Princess was five years old, bedridden since birth and because of poor health died after falling from the stairs."

"What ? The rightful owner of this body is dead. So is she also transported to different dimension and living a new life."

"Yes she has suffered for her evil work and as punishment she was born as a bedridden princess now she would live a peaceful life ahead."

"Then what about me now ? How will I am able to adjust in this world and won't the people around me get suspicious about my changed behaviour."

"Miss Cookie don't worry I would explain to the Emperor that you have lost your memory because of the accident and now if you are to be pressurised to remember old things it would worsen your health. You will slowly recover the Princess's past memory every month but when you go through it the body might show some changes.

"Please call me just Cookie .What type of changes can you explain ?"

"Nothing major but things such as getting unconscious , nausea , minor blood coughs , fatigue or body aches will you able to endure them ?"

"Ya something of this types can be endured but won't it create suspicion ?"

"I am the imperial physician I would make up something at that time."

"Okay. Thank you very much. I am too grateful for what you have have till now."

"No , this is your present for the things you did for the mankind without expecting anything in return. Hope you have a wonderful life ahead I would be taking my leave now."

"Umm Asula no I mean Dr.William can I call you whenever I need help. I know I am asking for too much but..."

"Don't worry Cookie I will always come whenever you need me as the imperial physician of Enchancia."

"Thank you for all once again."

"Welcome. Have a nice day."

"You too."

As soon as the physician left some people came inside and asked Cookie whether she was fine now. Cookie didn't say anything but nodded her head. After seeing her response they were a bit relieved. After some time the two good looking people came in. The lady who claimed to be this body's mother was better than before. Both of them came beside Cookie. The man started talking to Cookie.

"Sofia my child I am your father Simon Roland Eustia and this your mother Leticia Simon Eustia . The physician told us about your condition. How are you feeling now ? Do you feel any headache or feel any other way. You can tell us anything we will help you with it."

"No , I am fine Emperor and Empress."

As she said this the Emperor's and Empress's expression changed they were surprised and sad at the same time. Their daughter addressing them formally broke their heart but they couldn't do anything that would trigger Princess's memory and worsen her condition. They decided to take it slow and follow the physician's instructions. Cookie noticed the change so she felt a bit guilty.

'Should I call them informally but they are royals let's just ask them.'

"Umm can you tell me how I used to address you before the accident?"

Hearing this their eyes twinkled they looked at each other and said the Empress said.

"My child call us Mumma and Pappa please."

Seeing their expectant look Cookie felt a bit relieved she wasn't used to being pampered or taken cared she said.

"Mumma , Pappa thank you for your care and concern when I regain my memories I would surely behave properly and won't trouble you anymore because of me you were sad

Before she would complete her sentence both her parents hugged her and started crying it was like they were holding back their tears this whole time. Feeling the atmosphere all the people surrounding them left them alone so the family would enjoy their time after the long while.

To be continued in the next chapter...

How would Cookie start her new life in an unknown world ? what is the surprises stored in for her ? for knowing about it stay tuned.....cupcakes🧁🧁