Chapter five:

It had now been 4 days since the incident at the party. George hadn't bothered to talk to me since, luckily but at least some good came out of it. I now had two more good friends, who seemed to love the fact that I'd put the rich jackass in his place, even Malcom though they were best friends.

***********
"Now, as most of the people in here want to become marriage counsellors, who knows some of they let things when you have that job?"

Professor Soham asks the class. No one raises their hand and I look around, before placing my own hand up.

"Yes, Miss Cook, please stand"

He asks me and nervously, I stand up.

"Well, when I spoke to a marriage counsellor who helped the likes of famous couples like Will Jenkins  and Asher Beckett, she told me that a marriage counsellor needs to be honest, know nothing sides of the story, and both sides of the stories should be heard before advice can be given"

I say. He smiles and nods his head. I return to my seat and continue writing my notes before the lecture ends and professor sends us away.

I pack up my stuff and shove it into my bag before rushing out of the lecture office, in time for my shift. As I'm walking to the bus stop, I hear my phone beep and grab it from the back pocket of my jeans to see a message from someone I hadn't heard from in a long time.

Hey baby, missing you too much 🥰

My heart swells at the message from Brad before I type out a messaging saying that I miss him too, and can't wait for him to come down again.

Since I actually came to college, me and Brad were barely talking, only a few days later, he started school himself so I knew free time would clash but I knew no matter how much less time we were talking to one and other, I was sure that everything would still be fine.

"Yo! Halicopter"

That familiar, cocky voice screams my name as I scrunch my eyes shut.

'He'll leave me alone; he'll leave me alone, he'll leave me alo-'

"HALICOPTER"

He yells again and I groan and turn around, crossing my arms as I glare at him while he jogs over to me.

"I thought me throwing beer over that stupid head of curls of yours would tell you my feelings on you?"

I ask and leans forward, catching his breath before looking up and standing again.

"You're a feisty one. I admire it"

He tells me and I roll my eyes.

"Keep doing that, and your eyes will stay like that"

He jokes, attempting to make me laugh but dad jokes were never my thing, dad spent the last 18 years doing that thing and I didn't need some ass taking his place.

I check my watch and give him a fake smile.

"I have to go to work, so if you'll excuse me, I'll be on my way now"

I go to turn and he grabs my wrist, which I instantly remove.

"Listen smart ass, if you ever lay a finger on me again, I'll kick you so hard where it hurts, got it?"

I snap at him and he instantly walks a few steps backward.

"Sorry. Bad thinking"

He apologises and I choose to back off him, but not so much.

"Look, I really have to go, I'd like to be nice about this but you're really getting on my ass now"

I warn him. He sighs and shoves his hands into his pockets.

"Alright alright, can I at least take you to work and then talk to you afterwards?"

He asks. I had a choice, say no, turn around and then walk 5 blocks and not have to deal with him being a pain in my ass, or take the ride and deal with his stupidity.

"Fine, but I hope you're prepared to wait a few hours"

I tell him before turning around and walking off as he follows behind me.

"Wait, how long do you work?"

He asks, catching up. I dramatically sigh.

"Let's see, it's 12:30 now, so until...4:30"

"4 HOURS?! What the hell?"

He yells and I chuckle before just ignoring him.