Chapter thirty two:

The wedding went by and was absolutely stunning, a beautiful fairytale themed wedding, with Zara's dress being long and flowing as if she was a princess with lights scattered around the garden. Tears were definitely shed as Zara and her new husband shared their vows.

It was now the wedding reception and everything was still going perfectly and Richard was invited to the wedding reception.

"You look beautiful, sweetheart"

He smiles at me, placing a kiss onto my lips before rubbing my bump. I spin around in my pink A-Line V-neck Floor-Length Chiffon Bridesmaid Dress as he coos over my messy low down bun.

We enter the reception again and are immediately ambushed by Zara as she has a conversation with Richard.

"I'm gonna get myself a coke from the bar, want anything?"

I ask Richard. He asks for a beer and before i leave, I turn to Zara.

"No kissing Mrs Lovett"

I jokingly warn her as they laugh and I walk away. I signal for the bartender and ask for my drinks before sitting down on the stall, tapping my fingers against the bar.

"Is this seat taken?"

A familiar voice asks and I turn to face them slowly. George was stood there with a whiskey in hand. His hair was still blonde but instead of it being curly, it was now pushed back, with stubble on his face.

"Go ahead"

I give him a small smile and he takes it. Some would say I'm an idiot for allowing him to sit next to me, but we dated 10 years ago and I was married now, there were no feelings on either part.

"You looked beautiful up there"

He says. I turn to face him and smile.

"Thank you, you don't look so bad yourself"

I tell him and he chuckles, taking a sip of the whiskey.

"How you been?"

"Yeah good, I've just been busy these past 1" years with the business"

I tell him and he nods.

"Are you uh-with anyone?"

He asks. My eyes widen. Most of the people in this room knew I was married with a baby on the way, so either he did know that, or he was clueless to magazines.

"Um, don't you know?"

I ask and he furrows his eyebrows.

"Know what?"

I take deep breath and pay the bartender.

"George, I got married"

His mouth drops.

"And I'm pregnant"

I don't know how but his mouth was literally on the floor.

"W-what? How long?"

He asks flabbergasted but I sip on the lemonade.

"How long what?"

I ask innocently and calm, not wanting to make a scene?"

"How long have you been married and...how pregnant are you?"

I gulp.

"Married 3 years, 6 months pregnant"

In fairness, my bump was noticeable but not big and this dress does make me appear slim so I can't blame him on that part but it doesn't make sense that he didn't know I was married.

He has a sad look on his face as he downs the rest of the whiskey before grabbing my arms and pulling me away to the back of the reception.

"George, what the hell-"

"Do you still love me?"

He asks and my eyes widen.

"What?"

"You heard me. Do you still love me?"

I sigh and roll my eyes.

"George, we dated for like 6 months 10 years ago. It was puppy love, the type you have when your young and immature..."

I raise my hand to head and he grabs it before pulling me away again.

"George what the hell"

I snap. He kicks open a door and we're outside, the breeze floor against the hair.

"Look, I don't know what your expect right now, it's been good seeing you but-"

"I'm in Caitlins life now"

He blurts out. I stand there, confused and unsure what to say.

"My daughter. Turns out her mommy is a whore and a good for nothing so I have full custody permanently no matter how many times she tries to get that taken off of me"

I huff and give him a weak smile.

"George, that's great I'm glad you're stepping up to the plate but, it changes nothing"

He groans and pushes a hand through his hair.

"I never stopped loving you. 10 years, I tried contact you but you'd always change your number or..."

"Just stop. Please"

I beg. I'm not sure what to say to him. I don't love him anymore, I'm happy with Richard, the love of my life.

I step forward and place a hand on his cheek, catching his attention.

"I know what I said on that day, that I regret being with you and that you were the worst mistake of my life but I was wrong. I'm glad that we were a couple but you need to know that Richard, is the love of my life, you are not"

I try and say to him as kindly as possible.

"Oh"

He gulps. I take a deep breath and look down at my belly.

"I'll see you later, George. You enjoy the rest of your night"

I mutter before turning away and going to open the door.

"I should have been the one getting you pregnant"

He says quietly but I shake my head and head inside to see Richard at the bar.

"Hey where were you?"

He asks, sipping on his drink. I shake my head.

"I needed some air and I got talking to a former friend"

I smile at him. He nods and leans in for a passionate kiss before the sound of the microphone catches our attention.

My eyes stare at the beautiful bride and I gush at the way they look at one and other, the way me and Richard look at one and other...and the way George looks at me.

I feel his eyes on some and I turn to face him and see the sad and jealous look on his face. I don't dwell on it for too long and look back at Zara, who's now talking about me as the crowd laughs, including me.