Chapter 19

Matts breathing is heavy as he hears you head to your room. Elektra is silent but for some reason he can almost picture a smirk on her face. "She is a bit of a brat isn't she." Elektra says making Matt snap his head in her direction. "Don't call her that!" He snaps and she shrugs and huffs. "Do you not remember what Stick said about this?" She asks and he hears her getting closer. "About what?" He asks raising a brow. "Soft things, distractions. She is one of those things. He told you to get rid of those types of things." Elektra says placing her hands on his shoulders but he removes them. "She isn't a distraction! She is my daughter." He says suddenly more angry at her then at you. "She is Matt and you will understand that sooner or later." She says stepping away from him. "We both know who you are Matthew you are more of a danger and she a hindrance." Matt sucks in a breath. "Get. Out." He snaps. "You are going to understand Matthew and you will see that Stick was right." Elektra says collecting her clothes and getting dressed fully. "You will have to cho-" "Between her, Stick, or you it will always be her. She is my daughter and don't think for a second that because we have history means anything." He says walking over to her and grips her upper arm and dragging her to the door. "Now get out!" He shouts. Another huff is heard from Elektra but she leaves with the door shutting softly behind her. Matt lets out a shaky breath walking back into the living room and into the kitchen. He goes to the fridge and grabs one of his cheap beers. He sits on the couch drinking it slowly as he begins to think.

Mathew Murdock is now in your room talking to you after the events that took place and he has  felt guilt before, but this was on a whole other level. Why didn't he see that you were feeling this way? His heart shatters at every word you spew out and the fact that he yelled and sided with Elektra and didn't consider how you would feel made him feel awful. He lays on the ground next to the bed. "Why didn't you tell me you felt this way?" His ears are filled with your heart beat and heavy breathing. You were close to a panic attack, he was sure of it. "B-Because you were busy all the time. I didn't want to be a burden. " He hears you choking back a sob. "Sweetpea you have never been a burden on me... You didn't take my college experience away. You made it a thousand times better. I have been given the greatest gift in the world and that is raising you." He reaches under the bed laying a hand next to you in hopes you find comfort in it and hold it. "I haven't been doing my job and I haven't been a good father. Hurting you is the last thing I ever wanted to do. It was never on the list in the first place." Matt can feel the tears welling in his eyes. "I am so happy you were born. You have given me strength and courage to do things that I have never done before." He feels your hand slowly lay on his. "You are most definitely not the reason why your mother left... You are a beautiful young lady and I want you to know that I love you okay?" Your silence makes him doubt himself and a few tears slip past his eyes. "Sweetpea I need to show you something okay?"  He gives a small tug on your hand. He is going to be honest with you about his biggest secret. He sits up and uses the bed to hoist himself to his feet. He walks to the bedroom door and waits for you to get out. He hears you shuffling from under the bed walking to his side.

He hears you follow him to the wardrobe and opens it. He takes the trunk from the bottom of it and sets it down. He gestures to it. "Open it..." He says with a slight quiver in his voice. 'What if she looks at me different after this...' His breath is caught in his throat as he hears you open it. 'This is another secret, what if she doesn't trust me again.' He hears the rustle of his old outfit. "You're... You're the 'Devil of Hells Kitchen?'" With more moving around he hears the sound of his helmet. "You're Dare Devil?" He hears you ask in astonishment. He can only nod. "Who else knows?" He can hear an undertone to your voice but he can't tell if it is hurt or anger. "Foggy knows Karen doesn't." Matt hears you sigh through your nose. You're heart is beating faster. "Did you doing this have something to do with your loss of hearing?" You ask and Matt sucks in a breath before nodding. "Yes... I was fighting someone who hurts a lot of people." "Who was it?" He hears you ask and he sighs. "He is known as the Punisher. He kills a lot of people and he isn't a good guy." Your heart beat increases immensely which makes him cock his head to the side. "Do you work with anyone?" He is surprised by this question but he thinks he knows what you are hinting at. "That woman who was here was helping me. We got attacked by a group called  'The Hand' and we are trying to take them down." He hopes you don't ask any more questions about that group because he still doesn't know anything for sure. "How are you able to do this?" You ask with a quiver in your voice. "I told you that I had an accident that caused me to go blind." He pauses for a second then continues saying. "Well I got enhanced abilities. I can hear really well." He hears you pause then stand up. "Why did you never tell me?" He can hear the hurt in your voice so he reaches out to you. "It was to keep you safe (Y/N)... I couldn't bare the thought of something happening to you." Matt says and he hears you stand up. "Were you ever going to tell me?" Matt turns his head away from you. "Wow... So if you didn't come home one night I was going to sit here..." Matt slowly steps around the trunk and rests a hand on your shoulder but you shrug it off. "(Y/N) please..." He hears your hair move against you seemingly shaking your head. "I'm going to bed..." He hears you dash to your room with a slam of your door. Matt drops his head before walking over and collapsing on the couch.

The sound of a door closing wakes him up from his sleep as feet run down the hallway away from the apartment. He sits up and listens. Your heart beat isn't present but just to be sure he heads in the direction of your room. "(Y/N)?" He asks opening the door. He can feel the heat of your bedside table lamp but the room felt eerily cold. (Y/N?)" He calls out again before rushing to your bathroom tripping over a pair of shoes "Shit! (Y/N)!" He still doesn't hear you. "No..." He goes back into the living room digging through the trunk and getting his gear to go out. He opens his window and goes down the scaffolding. 'Where have you gone?' he asks himself as he goes to a building to listen.