Church and Worrisome Donations

It is now Sunday and you are getting ready for church. In reality you could get ready whenever you feel like it but this is one of the only times you can spend time with your dad. He is pretty much ready since he has to go pick up paperwork from his office. You chose a plain (F/C) dress. You weren't one for wearing dresses but you want to make your dad proud even though he can't see what you are wearing he has "eyes" in the back of his head.

 "Ready sweetpea?" Your dad asks. "Yesire! Locked loaded and ready to go!" You say giving a salute and a big smile on your face. "I hope when you say locked and loaded you mean sugar..." Matt says placing a hand on his hip as he grabs his walking stick from off the table and unraveling it for it to stand straight. "More like caffeine... I had some coffee" You say shuffling your feet. Matt just laughs "It's fine sweetie don't worry about it." He says with a smile and he motions for her to come closer which you do and loop your arm with him as you "guide" him toward the church even though he has seemed to memorize this city up, down, and sideways. "What do you think this weeks Sermon going to be about?" You ask. "Well lets see..." Matt says chuckling "It could be about little girls named (Y/N) drinking their dads coffee and being hyped up on sugar. You know Father Paul will be excited to talk about that." Matt says laughing and you smack  his shoulder. "And again with abusing a blind man!" He says with a smug look " Daaad Stop it." You whine. " I think you need to read the bible again... Oh wait you can't" You let out a burst of giggles " Come on (Y/N) that's a low blow" Your dad sighs and ruffles your hair. "Where do you think I get it from? You bully foggy all the time! I am starting to think you have a bad influence on me. Maybe I should go live with Karen or Foggy instead" Matt just sighs again and lets out a breathy laugh. " Alright sweetpea Lets get inside before we are late." He says as he heads up the steps with you along side him. You were having so much fun you didn't realize that you were there already.

The sermon was short and you really didn't pay attention your main thought was about your dad. He has work to do in the office and knowing him he would forget about the day they would have together. You look up at him and you see his eyebrows twitch as if he senses your gaze on him but you think nothing of it and look away. He is sitting on the inside of the pew and when we were finally dismissed Father Paul walked up to us. "Hello Matthew..." Father Paul says shaking your dads hand which Matthew shakes in return before letting go. "... And hello to you miss (Y/N)." Father says to you "Hello Father how are you?" You ask smiling and looking to start a conversation. "I am doing well thank you for asking. How about you?" Father asks. You glance at your dad and he seems to be enjoying the conversation going on between you both. "I am doing good Father." You say smiling and looking at your dad again and decide to step out of the pew in which Matt follows suit. "Hey sweetpea I am going to talk to Father Paul could you wait outside on the bench for me?" Matthew asks and you reluctantly nod and decide to head for the door looking back one more time before making an exit. You glide down the steps and sit on the bench patiently waiting for you Dad to come out.

You see a familiar figure walking down the street. A hoodie with the hood up along with a baseball cap underneath and keeping his head down. You wait a couple seconds before following him and catching up to him. "Excuse me?" You ask but he continues to stay silent and begins to widen his stride and he has all signs of wanting to get away and not participate in any conversation. You sigh and catch up to him once again "Dude come on I know you can hear me..." you say in annoyance. "What do you want kid?" He asks not looking or stopping to talk to you. "I spilled coffee on you do you remember that?" You ask looking up at him you are starting to pant at the speed of how you are walking. "I got coffee spilled on me yeah. Snot nosed kids need to watch where their going. Now what do you want?" The man asked as he glances down at her. "Well I am trying to apologize an-" You get cut off by him "Well Apology accepted kid now leave me alone." The man starts picking up speed but you quickly grab his elbow which in turn pulled his jacket pocket and he looks at you. He has an expression you have never really seen before. Its a mix of annoyance with something else. His face is bruised and looks hurt. Not only physically but his eyes look like he has seen some hurt as well. "What do you want?" He asks his voice goes lower an octave. He is definitely annoyed at this point and all he wants is for you to go away. You are guessing he has had a bad day even though it is a quarter to twelve. " I want to say I am sorry and I want you to have this..." You say as you hand him $5.67. "... Buy yourself the coffee I spilled on you." He looked really confused. " How the hell did you know the coffee was this much?" He asks and he almost looks impressed. "Did you follow me and dig through the garbage or some shit?" He asks tilting his head to the side and the annoyance in his voice has grown more and more the more you both have been talking. "No and Unlike you I don't look like a sewer rat an-" He cuts you off again and says "Some way to apologize huh kid? I don't want your money." He says and shifts it in his hand to hand it back to you. "Anyway! That is besides the point! I am trying to be nice now take the money!" You say your voice growing in frustration. At this point both of you are stopped in the middle of the sidewalk. "And my name is not kid. My name is (Y/N)!" The Man just starts walking again and you follow him once again "What now kid? I took your money and you told me your name. Whats next your life story?" He says with a grunt. "No reason... I also want to apologize about what my friends said about you... You don't look like a Sketchy guy in my opinion... You just... You just seem so tired. Like you have been worn out and what my friend said was uncalled for and I hope you take that apology as well." You both are silent in your walk for at least a minute.  He give you a curt nod before saying "'s fine kid... Go back home." Your words seem to have struck a cord and you nod as well. "Have a good day sir." You says as you turn around and start heading toward the church again.

You are suddenly met with someone placing a hand on your shoulder and you let out a quick gasp. " (Y/N) Where have you been?" You look up to see Matt your dad who looks like a mess. His hair is in slight disarray and he looks like he broke out into a sweat. He looks shaken up and he gives you a hug pulling your head to his chest. "Sorry dad... I saw a friend and wanted to say hi and it was in the same direction as your firm so I thought it was a win-win if I got a little bit ahead of you... I'm sorry..." You say looking down. Matt sighs and places both hands on your shoulders. "Please don't do that again alright? At least text me" He says and straightens to his full height. "Lets go..." Matt says patting your back and you begin to "guide" him to his place of work.