Bruised Patience

I know, very short chapter. Schools been very busy and I won't have wifi for a week :/ I hope you guys enjoy this chapter though. Votes, comments, etc. are always welcomed!

P.S. Amazing number of read and votes! Thanks so much!

Unedited

The splitting image of Hitch was sitting right before.

"Hitch! You betrayed everyone at G.A.G! How could you?" I scream at him.

Craig glares at me and kicks my side hard.

"I-I'm terribly sorry, sir. Hayden is mentally troubled. Ignore any outburst from him," Craig stutters.

"It's fine, general. I am glad to hear my son is doing well," President Byson looks down at me, "I assume you are not aware that the one you call 'Hitch' is my son. I'm ashamed for his actions, and at his attempt to rise against the government."

I close my eyes in shock, thoughts whirling around. I can feel President Byon's eyes bore on me, judging my actions that'll decide my fate.

"Well," Byson's voice grows louder as he get's up and walks toward me, "You did well, Hayden. Don't think I'm unaware of that. You escaped death all those years ago when your parents couldn't. You made only one mistake. You choose the wrong side of the battle."

I don't say anything and lay still.

"Speak!" Byson yells in my ear, "You will not disobey me!"

His fist comes crashing down on my face, with a echoing crack.

Craig's breath stops short, and President Byson begins kicking my stomach.

"My patience has run out, Hayden! You will answer me! Do you understand?!" he screeches like a spoiled child.

"President," Craig's shaky voice sounds in the silent area, "S-she isn't well. Maybe wait a few days before-"

I hear a punch land and a pained grunt from Craig. I dare to open one eye to see Craig laying on the ground, blood leaking out of his nose.

"Remember what you are, general," President Byson says coldly, "You will not ever talk to you leader like that. We are not the lowly rebels; we are the civilized gods."

Craig lets out a low groan, until Byson kicks his mouth quiet.

"So, Hayden. You may be wondering why I even wanted to see any rebel's faces. Craig has described you as... special."

I finally say, "You are a monster."

Rage fills Byson's face as he loses it, "You made a grave mistake, Hayden."

He kicks my torso while punching my face. I hear cracks everywhere, and doubt I will have anything that isn't broken.

"Bring her to the chamber," President Byson takes a deep breath and straightens up. Two guards carry me roughly up, my body screaming in pain.

Craig is still laying on the floor, unconscious. Strangly, my mind wonders to what Jay might be doing now.