Of Machines and Jay

I know I haven't updated in forever. This summer has brought a lot of drama between friends and stuff. And I know this really, really short. I'm going to try to write a long chapter next so please bare with me. I hope you enjoy this small chapter.

Unedited

Jay's POV

I walk to the garage on the edge of the campus. It's a grungy little building I found when I first explored the campus with Megan. I enter the password on the keypad and the door slowly opens. Megan and I were so excited when we found a broken down jeep inside. Getting new parts was a bit tricky, but within a year we got it back in working condition. I made Megan promise to never tell anyone abut the car; cars are one the most expensive things now a days, and we could get thrown in jail for owning one at our social class. A memory flashes through my mind, taking my mind somewhere else.

"What is this, Jay?" Megan asked.

"A garage!" I said excitedly. "You don't find these around much!"

"Is there anything in there?" she inspects the cold metal wall.

"Maybe," my eyebrows furrow as I concentrate on hacking the keypad.

"We can't get caught here," Megan whispered

I open the driver's seat, and get in. The door slams shut as I get comfortable on the cool leather seats. I turn the key and the jeep lets out a sputter. The engine coughs for a few more seconds until it rumbles steadily. I close my eyes, and just listen to the purr of the car. Machinery is so much easier to work with... They don't break your heart by falling for someone else. My eyes open up as I press the gas petal down. The jeep roars to life, and the tires make the screeching sound of being forced to turn after years of abandonment.

Dirt sprays everywhere as I drive off, most likely digging my own grave.