Gravity

The force that attracts a body toward the center of the earth, or toward any other physical body having mass.

The music is thoroughly obnoxious.

We split into three teams, despite me wanting to stay close to Nick. Fay said we were going to cover more ground this way. Nick took the Oxy and Fay had Xanax both of which came from her Grandfather's medicine cabinet which had multiple prescription bottles that hadn't been touched since a knee surgery or a bad fall. I stole my mom's old adderall which she stopped taking months ago.

Nick was wearing a brown leather jacket and his hair was slicked back, the bruises made him look like a greaser. I'm positive he was hiding knife somewhere on his person.

"Meet back here at 11?" We stood right outside the house that belonged to a "Dexter Ori" or something. Fay tugged one of my curled strands of hair and Nick nodded. He squeezed my hand and the both of them vanished into the smell of axe body spray and model beer.

I had the adderall, around a dozen in a clear plastic bag. I fiddled with it in the back pocket of my jean skirt. My first stop in the elegant yet stuffed with sweaty filled teens house was get a drink.

The kitchen was in and out with people, a bowl of spilled cheetos crunched under my vans and it smelled like lemonade. I grabbed a random can of four lokos and chugged it. It tasted like liquid fun dip.

"Oh, that shit is so good," a boy with a tan and blonde hair prodded at my side and I stepped away.

"Yeah, thanks," I took another sip.

"Hey you looking to buy weed or something?" He said. It surprised me, i shook my head.

"How about an upper?" I quietly suggested and his face lit up.

"What you got?"

"adderall."

"Bro! yes hook it up with some addies," He dug around in his cargo shorts for cash. His hair was the typical california boy haircut; blonde and crunchy looking.

My first drug transaction went off without a hitch. After that my confidence spiked and I sold 7 more pills. I couldn't find Nick or Fay within the house, it looped around. The kitchen connected to the living room, the living room connected to the foyer. We kept just missing each other.

I sell two more pills, this time to a girl with purple streaks in her dark brown hair and golden glitter on her eyelids. She quickly pops one in her mouth before winking and vanishing into the red solo cups and smell of mike's hard lemonade.

I back up and my body collides with another. Hands hit my back to steady me and I quickly turn around to find a freckled, curly haired boy behind me. He's wearing a polka dot polo and dark jeans, dark colored eyes blinking at me in quick sorrow.

"Sorry, sorry!" He puts his hands up. "Didn't mean to startle you."

"It's fine," My hands stay in my back pockets. Drugs in one, money in the other. He glances around.

"I hear you're selling?" He lowers his voice on the last word. I nod, ready to reach for the bag. "Cool, cool."

"How much do you want?"

"I mean, all of it. Considering I'm just gonna resell it," He shrugs.

My heart sinks. "What?" I freeze up. The song changes to something EDM.

This kid isn't scrawny but he is a bit taller and wider than me. He has an 1.21 gigawatt smile plastered on his face.

"I'm Dax, by the way," He holds his hand out. I don't move. Someone rustles my shoulder. He places his hand in his pocket. "This is my house," He gestures around. I am still frozen. "Okay, let me expain something. My house, my selling turf."