CHAPTER THREE

(JANUARY 2nd,2015-LOS ANGELES)
                        Four months earlier was when the plan came to life, and a life depended on the plan. Random sirens of the Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD) wailed all around the Lux hotel with whirling flashes of blue and red colors, visible from down the whirring police copters.

It was more than a floating hotel; five story tall and replete with luxury. A swat team had already infiltrated the five-star hotel and to the fourth floor, to rescue the minister who had just booked into the hotel, not more than five hours ago.

​Door 424 was tumbled down, paving way to the messed-up hall that held bodies of three guards laying in a heart-wrenching pool of blood, but no sign of the minister. Tactically, they moved through the hallway and headed towards the bedroom. There also, they found two other dead guards.

A reek of fear walked briskly throughout the Lux hotel, as the awareness of the killer still in the building, scattered the thoughts of civilians who dashed out of the hotel for safety.

There he was, in the bedroom. An opulent but oppressed man in his forties, tied to a chair and wearing a time bomb that had counted down to five minutes,twenty-three seconds and going. Sheens of sweats that trickled down from his white blond hair, coated his rounded face. His eyes winked as if they had just read through an invitation letter from death.

"Fall back! Fall back! Code purple. Alpha team requesting immediate attention. D424; fourth floor...over!", the senior officer alarmed, and right away, a bomb squad was sent to their aid.

"Do not panic, Mr. Rogers. You are in safe hands. We're gonna get you outta here in no time", Senior officer Leo assured the minister.

"My diamond was stolen.You need to find it please", Mr. Rogers said, panting.

"Don't worry about that. The killer hasn't escaped yet, and the whole perimeter has been secured. We'll get your diamond, but now, your life is what matters"

"I'm good as dead without the diamond, commander", Mr. Rogers uttered unsteadily, drawing confusion at the faces of the officer and the bomb experts, who had just arrived.

"Officer Leo, do you copy?... Suspect is still in the building, probably finding a way out. I want you and your men to find him, and fast", officer Leo received through his walkie-talkie, an order from the Commanding officer of the Criminal Intelligence Division; Commander Bella, who had camped outside with her boys and other divisions of the police department to strategize a foolproof method to apprehend the killer.

"Copy that commander! On the move", officer Leo informed.

"Officer, wait!"

"What is it Mr. Rogers?", Officer Leo stopped to listen.

"It's a she".

​Outside the lux hotel, the sun could be seen walking down the sky to take a nap. Armed officers secured the entrance of the hotel and around. Snipers laid on neighboring roofs with eagle eyes. The media, aware of the unfortunate incidence that had occurred to the Russian minister, had already publicized the news, trending it across neighboring countries in a wink.

An hour later, after a thorough search, the police failed to catch the suspect, not knowing where exactly she had hidden herself.

"Mr. Rogers's out of danger. No sign of the Suspect, permission to fall back commander", Officer Leo requested.

"Fall back!", the Commanding Officer of the SWAT division; Commander Cage, permitted.

"The suspect is still in there, Commander. How's he going to escape without we noticing?", Commander Bella inquired.