five

green;
CHAPTER FIVE.
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

SHE HAS always been fond of pretty things- for someone like her, she prefers pretty yet mysterious in different things. In her eyes, one of those pretty things she's fond of is Kaito Ryusei's pair of amber eyes. Kaito is not really someone who stands out in the first place. Instead, he was a plain-looking one, like all those extras on a shounen or shoujo manga.

He was just there, but his eyes changed everything for it was one of his keys to achieve the charisma that the student council needs. With his undetermined position in the council, he was acknowledged as someone who shadows the current president and even the former ones.

But the fact that he was able to catch the attention of her pair of (e/c) eyes is already something.

Kaito has always been mysterious from the very start. Strange yet familiar. Serious yet playful. Sure, she knows something. But keeping quiet about it for the sake of the council itself.

As the two; Akagi and Y/n were talking outside the gym the other member continued their practice, Ayako continued on assisting the stubborn rookie who says he's fine but he is obviously not. And a few upperclassmen, widened their range of hearing, being nosy about what their captain and the president talk about.

"I swear if it's one of those stupid acts of that asshole, I'd kill him myself." Mitsui, someone who's already tired of the bullshits around him, said. Obviously pissed off.

"Calm down, Hisashi. What could that brat possibly do with all of our freshmen joining the club?" Miyagi beside him exclaimed, referring to Rukawa and Sakuragi.

"He isn't fair to deal with, you could've known better, Ryouta." Their one and only female manager blurted out. "Oh, look. They're leaving." She added and pointed to the two slowly disappearing from their sight.

"Well, I sense something different from our current council president. I think she's more logical than the former ones, the type you wouldn't dare to fool. Are you not having it, Hisashi?"

"I've had it." He replied. "Had enough of that sick bastard's bullshit. Seriously what's wrong with him trying to pull the basketball club down every year. I'm just glad that finally, it's his last year." He exclaimed bursting out.

Meanwhile, Rukawa who had been eavesdropping on everything from the start lifts his head giving his upperclassmen a confused look.

"Who's this 'sick bastard', 'brat', and 'asshole' you guys are talking about, senpai?"

Mitsui's eyes drifted on their rookie. "You didn't know? That kid who always tail the president. He has been giving the club troubles ever since his freshmen years, I don't know what issues he has but he is surely crazy."

"He can even go far," Miyagi said continuing. "He would always look like a shadow, someone who's plain to look at, someone who don't really stand out. But as the saying goes, the quiet ones are really the freakiest."

"He treats us like we're delinquents or something," Mitsui added, groaning.

"Aren't you a delinquent?" Meanwhile, Rukawa asked pissing his upperclassman more. The way his voice and face feigned innocence had pissed Mitsui. Rukawa asked that because the last time he checks, Mitsui is a part of a gang.

"People change!"

"Pfft, right Hisashi! You're still a delinquent-"

"Shut up!" And Mitsui whacked Miyagi on the head.

In the back of Rukawa's mind, whoever this Kaito they were talking about, he wouldn't surely step back without a fight.

His basketball journey in this school would be a step towards his dreams of beating all of the high schools in Japan, including the best; Sannoh and Aiwa. To be the number one player, and to pursue professional basketball.

Later that afternoon after practice, Rukawa is riding on his bike when his eyes took a glimpse of a familiar (h/c) haired girl student, with her tote bag, standing on the sidewalks like she's waiting for someone.

Something urges him to bike towards her direction which is the opposite of the road he was on, but then he immediately back out when someone from the cafe went outside, greet her, and even held her bag for her.

"Tss, it's not like she can't hold it." He murmured watching the scene. Just as when he was supposed to start pedaling again, his eyes caught the familiar green jacket and the school itself that reminds him...

"What the hell is she doing with someone from Shoyo?"

It's not like he cares. But then, he convinces himself that he couldn't care less and just continue his ride on the way home. When he arrived home, he lazily parks the bike and dropped himself at his bed.

Meanwhile, (Y/n) is currently waiting for Kenji outside the cafe. She was out after school because of her part-time job, offered by her cousin, Fujima Kenji. Fujima asked for her help to tutor some of the players in Shoyo for them to pass and to participate in the tournaments. And it became a hobby studying with them after school. The opposite of what Rukawa thinks, she surely did notice familiar dark blue eyes staring at her from afar. She could only let out a sigh about it.

"(Y/n) let's go, I got my order." Kenji said making her return back to reality from drifting because of her blank thoughts. "Let me hold your bag." He added snatching her bag from her.

"You okay?" He asked once again, making her nod.

"I was just spacing out." She sighed.

"You looked stressed-out." Kenji said pointing out the dark circles under her eyes. "Are you sure everything is going fine at school?"

She scratched the back of her head. "Yeah, pretty normal. After all, being a council president is not easy." She responded.

"I guess."

Her mind drifted to the discussion at the meeting room awhile ago. The tension between her upperclassmen is not normal. She's glad, that somehow before becoming a council president, she did a background check of the school's history. Especially for the school clubs.

That includes Kaito and the endless discussion about taking the basketball club down.

Later that night, while she's sitting in front of her desk, pinning the ideas from his upperclassmen, and for the upcoming school foundation day, Kaito's voice all of a sudden echoed in her mind.

"They're delinquents, what's the point of their club if they never even win on the inter-high. Even once?"

The way he degrades the club and how he can easily blurt out insensitive words, she can easily tell his hatred towards them. But how? And why? What was the real reason why Kaito despise the club so much?

"You're really pretty yet mysterious, aren't you Ryusei?" She sighed.

Well, the only thing she could do now is to play nice until she finds out why Kaito really despises those basketball players. A lot.

Her head fell on top of the desk, her mind drifting to the owner of those pair of dark blue eyes, staring at her awhile ago.