Prologue

The hall was silent... Being the reason for that fearful silence, I straightened my shoulders and walked towards the clan leader with lazy steps.

"Why did you call me, father?" I asked coldly, stressing the word 'father' as he hated to be called like that by me.

The old guy snorted with irritation just as I wished and stared at me with hatred, "you are going to represent our clan in the competition this year, and that's the final."

I gaped at him with wide open eyes, representing Huo Clan? The one where everybody is afraid of me, hates me to the fullest? I said inwardly as my hands clenched into fists.

"Don't stand there, just go," the old man snapped at me, breaking my trance.

"What if I say no?" I dared him, brushing off invisible dust from my red sleeve.

"Then I will force you," he threatened me with his cold black eyes.

As I knew he would mention the curse mark on me sooner or later, I wasn't shocked to hear his threat. Damn old fox, if only I could use my powers fully, I would wipe out the entire clan from the planet!

I took a deep breath, trying to prevent myself from jumping on him and said "what if I win? What will I get?"

The old man sneered at me, "if you win and lead the Five Alliance perfectly as the winner, I will remove that curse mark."

That was unexpected. "Would you do that?" I asked with suspicion and he snorted again.

"It is the decision of the clan, so I have to obey."

Hearing him, I felt a smirk crept onto my lips. Finally, I would be free without that damn curse mark and could go whenever I wanted. "Then I will win that silly competition," I declared with confidence and left the hall.

Come on, who could win against me, Hong Huo who was a half-demon?