Chapter One

"You've got a lot to say for the one that walked away

I give, you take

It's the way it's always been

Oh, how do I know if I should stay or just go?

The bottom line is this way that I'll never know..." Stay with me by You Me At Six started blasting through my speakers waking me up. I jumped out of bed, full of excitement.  It felt so weird to be awake before 12pm, I only woke up before then for if 1. If it’s my best friend/house mate Riley's birthday 2. If it's Christmas or 3. I had somewhere important to be.

Technically it was number 3. I did have somewhere to be, but not until at least 5 o'clock when we'd be at the airport on our way to play at Warped Tour which has been one of my life goals since I was 14 years old. So you could say it was a big day.

I still had to finish packing and I I had time quickly go buy even more cheap T-shirts and jeans just to be on the safe side (you never know what could happen on tour).

I practically skipped down the stairs to the kitchen for breakfast after checking if Riley was awake yet, but no. I hadn't had high expectations of her getting up early.

  I searched through the cupboards which were almost totally empty (which I was fine with as we didn't what everything going past it's sell-by-date while we were away).  Luckily the box of Cookie Crisp still had enough for one bowl left.

I sat at the breakfast bar eating the cereal and noticed my phone light up.

Flynn: Hey, I guessed you'd be awake early today (haha, I mean before mid-day)

Skylar: hehe, you guessed correctly! your prise: a reply from ME!!!

Flynn: YAS!! It's what I've always wanted. Haha well anyway since you up and no doubt have almost finished packing you have no excuse not to meet me at the shopping centre (I don't really visit hot countries, I need your expertise :P) can you meet me at 11:30?

Skylar: for sure :) I also need to pick up a few things other wise you'd have gotten rejected. See you then!

Happy that now I didn't have to go alone to the shops I felt relieved. You see for some reason me and my group of friends get harassed around here for the way we look. Most of the time it doesn't bother me but it does when the twats that make the comments use the wrong term or bring up something about self-harm and suicide. They think that only people that wear dark make up/clothes, listen to "heavy screamo shit" and have piercings are the only people that commit suicide and get dangerously depressed.  Really shows how educated they are doesn't it.

I quickly took a shower and started to rummage through my chest of drawers for something that would be comfortable for the flight later today.  Not much was left in my drawers so I settled for an old glamour kills t-shirt (just navy blue with the flying pig logo printed in the middle), grey acid wash skinny jeans which I had thought I had packed but obviously missed.

It was now 10:30am so I applied just a little eyeliner on my top lid with a little wing and quickly finished off with a coat of mascara. My hair was now practically all dry but I couldn't really be bothered with straightening it or did I have time to do that so just plated it to the side an stuck on a black beanie loosely to hide the bits I missed at the back. I ran down stairs and slipped on my basic black and white converse, grabbing my jacket as I left (even though it was summer, the weather in Scotland seems to forget that and gets confused. It was pretty cold outside, and raining)

Fortunately for me the bus was actually on time and I didn't miss it (which often happens), Flynn agreed to meet me at the bus stop, he had a car so it was a lot faster for him to get there.