Chapter - 02

Scared.

In the midst of her thoughts , she heard a voice. "Hey , little girl. What are you doing here at this hour?" She didn't know who this person was , and the fact that he was a stranger scared her. He called out to her again , because all she gave a response was silence. So the man called out to her again.

"Where do you live? It's not safe for someone to roam around in streets at such an ungodly hour." She didn't know why she trusted him.

But anyhow told him that she lived nearby and he walked her upto her house. "Thankyou" was all she said and bid him.

It was a Saturday , exactly 3 days after what had happened that night. She hadn't told her mum or her dad that she'd sneaked out and had met a man on the streets.

For now she was walking with a book in her hand , returning from school as she had a half day and was returning home earlier than usual.

she was lost , lost in thoughts. Nothing serious , she was just thinking about the guy she'd met. She knew destiny had something for her in the future but she was so not sure.

It was always her against her life. The life she came to despise , but she had a mother and that is what kept her going on. To not give up on anything. She always wanted her mother to be happy with what Becky could provide nonetheless maybe only a little , her mother was content with her.

On the other side , her dad didn't even know what her age was. But anyhow not that she cared or something.

She kept walking , until she came to the same street she'd met the man. She had no idea who he was , she didn't know why. The man had literally woken her up from her little world. For the fact that she didn't know where on the flippin earth she was. She stood frozen there , again. She thought about meeting the man again .

And there she was , she stood there with wide eyes. To be honest she was flabbergasted to see the sight that she was witnessing in front of her.

There stood the man she'd met exactly 3 days ago. The man walked up to her , " Hey , your the girl from that night right? Are you alright? You were quite lost that night I guess". He asked furrowing his eyebrows.

Becky didn't know what to say , she stood there trying to process her mind and mouth. She literally couldn't speak a word , but somehow she managed to babble , "I'm sorry but who are you? " the instant she replied to the man she was regretting for her words , the hell she regretted her existence itself , she felt like hitting her head through the wall.

"Yeah , I'm sorry. I'm Joe , I live nearby. And can I ask you your good name?" Now Becky looked a slight uncomfortable but at the same time she wanted to trust the man , but before she opened her mouth , the said man started talking again. "Again I'm sorry if I'm making you uncomfortable , you can tell me your name only if you're comfortable. So". He made a cute face that the girl couldn't resist so she gave in.

"Uh , I'm Becky. I guess we happen to be neighbours?" Wow that came out smooth.

She wondered from when she'd become comfortable talking to strangers and she wondered what was it that she felt so , that she started socializing with the man that she'd met only three days back. And she didn't know the answer and the rest was unknown.

_________________________

Woohooo!! Second chapter guys..... keep reading ✊🏻