Ch. 1: New Beginnings

*Sabres pov*

Hey! My name's Favremysabre, Sabre for short, my friends and I have quite a dangerous job compared to others. We're Hunters...well...not any kind of hunters... We're cryptid hunters.

We hunt things seen as rather dangerous such as... Legends, myths, cyptids and so on...

I myself have hunted a lot of entities such as herobrine, enderbrine, netherbrine-yeah I've been on a brine hunt, pretty dangerous.

I've also hunted entity 303, null, minecraft glitches and a lot more, I think you know where this is going.

I have 3 friends who also hunt cryptids.

One who's very good with nets, traps and pvp named Shark. He's the camper, he has a LOT of patience, a lot more than me. He basically sits and waits for days for his prey to walk right in a trap.

The second friend is UnspeakableGaming, but we call him Nathan. He's rather loud and scared of entities, although... When it comes to a 1v1 he's pretty good at taking down prey. He doesn't catch his victims alive, he kills them as soon as he gets the chance. Normally he keeps something of theirs as a trophy... like... Their head or maybe a special feature about them like wings, tails or ears...

The third one is Moose. He's pretty good with tranquilizer guns and bows but not as good as me. Moose is more kind of like a trap himself. He makes entities think he's passive and friendly, but as soon as they trust him, he'll stab them in the back. He also kills his victims, just like Nathan. These two normally work as a Duo. Moose befriends the prey and then ambushes them alongside Nathan when they least expect it.

Both Nathan and Moose prefer targets that don't have some kind of special ability like... Summoning Lightning, controlling water, y'know that kind of supernatural power.

I personally like keeping my targets alive. Most of the time when I hunt, it's because I get a hit list or a request to catch something for a payer. They pay me and I'll catch them what they ask of me, most of the time when people call me it's because they want me to catch a powerful entity. It's fairly easy for me to get targets that don't have powers, but the powerful ones are fun too, cause they give me a challenge and that adrenalin rush I get when I hunt. My preferred weapon of choice is my tranquilizer, my potions and my syringe, which is also shoot able with a crossbow. It's fairly easy to get targets with powers when you have extra strong narcotics.

I also use daggers sometimes but I don't like the fact that I have to get close to my target when I use them.
I prefer wide range attacks over short range.

Alright. Recently I've gotten a request from an anonymous buyer who wants me to investigate something called 'steve'.

So I have to go see what kinds there are and write down what they're capable of. When I think I've got everything I need of information I should report back to them. If there are any interesting ones the buyer would pay extra to get them that specific steve.

To be honest... These steve's are fairly new and there's little to no information about them. All that's known is that there are different colors... The only steve that's been confirmed as seen is a green steve...

There have been reports of other steve's like... A red steve and a blue steve... Although it's unsure if these are credible sources, since most of the people who have made these reports we're proven to be mentally sick. Some say that the steve's might've caused that but... I don't think so. Actually those two steves, the blue and red one, were reported by the same person. The guy might just want attention...

Welp... I'm gonna go to the reported sightings. They are in a different server, a completely new created one, ever since the sightings the owner didn't have the guts to build anything there. So I'll make my way there with Shark, Moose and Nathan.