Ch. 6: Good Soup

*3rd pov*

Its peaceful within the hunters base...

Shark and Unspeakable are talking while relaxing on a couch, moose is restocking some resources.

The rooms are tinted in an orange-pink hue from the sunset...

Sabre comes up the stairs of the basement, holding a bag of.... Something.

He walks over to where the kitchen area is.

"hey guys? Do we have a food chest??? Maybe a seperat one?" the blindfolded hunter asks.

"uh, yeah, to the left of the chest labeled 'meat'" unspeakable answers him with a questioning look.

"whatcha got there?" shark asks as he looks at the mysterious bag sabre's carrying.

"uh, a bag-" is all that he says and opens the chest.

He stops for a moment and closes the chest without putting anything into it.

"welp-imma try if I can cook this. Do any of you wanna try some?" the man of the basement asks his fellow players.

Unspeakable already knows what that in sabre's hand is and declines the offer.

"nah, sorry... I'm not sure if that stuff's safe to eat." he simply answers as he goes back to what he was doing before, which was sharpening a dagger.

Shark looks between an uninterested Nathan and an innocently smiling Sabre.

"I'll trust Nathan-so... None for me." moose butts in as he returns from the storage room.

Shark sighs and makes his decision.

"I'll give it a try" shark answers as he eyes the bag curiously.

"Alright then! I'll make some stew out of this" sabre cheers and rummages through the suspicuos bag.

Shark goes back to talking with Nathan, trusting his friend not to poison his food.

Carefully sabre takes one larger piece of meat and cuts it into smaller, more manageable pieces.

He puts the suspicious bag into the chest from before, returning his attention to the meat again.

The meat is unlike normal mutton or beef.

This one in particular... Is green.

It's dripping with red liquid which the hunter easily just washed off with water.

"okay... Now... I'll just try using a rabbit stew recipe but switch the rabbit with this..." the blindfolded hunter mumbles as he gathers some bowls, carrots, baked potatoes and mushrooms on the kitchens crafting table.

He adds the pieces of meat and the crafting table does its thing.

Combining most of the ingredients and creating a neat steaming stew.

"hm... Beside the green colour... Looks edible." he humms as he starts to craft another bowl for his friend.

Holding two bowls in his hands, Sabre heads over to the couch.

"dinners ready" he calls to his friend as he sits down on the cozy cushions.

Shark takes the bowl he is handed, looking at it with interest.

Nathan sits a bit further away from the two on the couch, eyeing the suspicious stew.

"pff hehehehe Nathan-you good man??" moose suddenly asks, leaning on the back of the couch, watching the two hunters eat their stew