Chapter 3

(A/N: I wrote this in school.)

Todd P.O.V:

Fuck. He saw me. No shit, he's right in front of me. The two of us stared at one another for a couple minutes until he  broke the silence.
"Why're you here, Todd?"
Shit. Think, dumbass, think. "Oh! I just- uh.. kind of got... Lost!"
Great going. He's definitely got his suspicions now. Maybe if I did try that extra thing to help him... Oh well. Can't go back now.
"Okay.. Anyways, I'm going back to my tank for a smoke... you coming?"
His voice was quieter and less cheerful... Something told me to agree, so I reluctantly nodded, allowing him to lead the way. Before long, we arrived at his shared tank. I'd just watched as he clambered up and opened the hatch. Steve then beckoned me inside, so I accompanied him, watching him as he lit his cigar. Holding out a hand, he'd offered me one. I'd politely declined, explaining how I didn't smoke, causing him to stifle a laugh.
"C'mon, all of us do."
"Well I don't."
Sceptical, he'd placed a hand on my helmet, indicating he was to yank it off. In the heat of the moment, I'd blurted out
"I know how the captain has a blinded eye."
That made him let go as he stared at me.
"How? Only Captain and I know."
Smirking, I rose to my feet, holding the stuffed girrafe closer.
"Listen. I know more about you and Captain then you think, so don't make the wrong moves if you want your secrets to remain just that. Secrets." With those words I leaped down, walking off. To where? Probably to tear up another car.