Chapter 4

Steve P.O.V:

What the fuck just happened. How could anybody here know about any of that? Unless they were... Nah, who am I kidding? They're missing and probably died years ago. I think I just miss them too much. Climbing up, I gazed at the starless saffron sky. You know, I really can't understand how the sky's tinted that colour, but hey. It's kind of beautiful. Hey, come to think of it, why does he even have that stupid stuffed animal? We're all grown men now, he's not three. Staring down, only then had I noticed how scuffed up the tank was. Leaping down, I ran my hand over some of the scratches running along the side, brushing it off as simply nothing. Boredom had, unsurprisingly, struck again, leaving me with nothing but my thoughts and the surprising silence of the area. It hadn't taken me long to decide to visit the captain. Making my away across the clearing, it'd been... eerily quiet. The only noise I could hear was my own breathing and an occasional unidentified banging noise. But that didn't matter. Arriving outside of his office, I pushed open the door, slipping inside and closing it again. However, to my surprise, the room was empty. Not a sound could be heard except for the thoughts in my own head. Few papers had been scattered across the ground, the chair pushed up into a corner leading to an air vent big enough that I could barely slide through. I quickly jumped to raising suspicions but ended up dropping them just as fast. Walking silently to the polished oak desk, I stared at the contents of the table. There were few, small stacks of papers, a large blueprint for some kind of robot spread out. It occupied most of the space as it was fairly big, the details quite intricate. Brushing it off as nothing once again, I left his office.