8. next, please

CHAPTER 8

"next, please"

"next, please"

nick walks in and ziggy and i pretend that we were just talking. "so, yeah." i quickly reply as i lean back a bit and nod watching her smile, biting back a laugh. "yeah."

nick furrows his eyebrows and sits down as we all begin talking, pretending as if nick didn't just walk in on us making out.

"okay, another question then. how come you don't hang out with anyone at camp?" nick asks while leaning back on his hands.

"i don't like people." ziggy answers. "then explain sarah.." nick starts as i blush thinking about what happened a few moments earlier. "yeah, well. cause- she-" ziggy stutters as she thinks of an answer.

"what does it matter to you?" i interrupt, trying to save ziggy from the question. "i'm just wondering, you guys seem really close and from what you said to me earlier-" nick begins.

"she's my girlfriend." ziggy blurts as my face brightens. i smile sheepishly and scratch the back of my head. nick just sits there staring at both of us. his eyes will lay on ziggy and then he'll turn to me.

he inhales, "wh- really? i didn't think- i- well," nick sputters as ziggy raises her eyebrows. "cat got your tongue?" i ask as i grin. "yes really." ziggy answers his first question.

he scrunches his eyebrows at ziggy and she rolls her eyes. she turns to me and pulls my face in, kissing me on the lips. i place my hand on her cheek, pulling her closer to me as our mouths move against each other's for a moment.

we pull apart and nick's jaw is open. "okay. next question." i command as nick looks at the both of us as if we grew two extra arms. my face blushes a deep red as if turning into a cherry as nick's gaze flutters over the two of us.

"alright, next question. uh... what about you and your sister? you guys ever get along?" he asks as ziggy stands up and walks over to a table.

"thought these were supposed to be easy questions." she grimaces as she looks at a glass tank containing a snake, she hates them. "says who? there are no...rules to this game." nick states.

"god, i hate snakes." she mutters as i smile and nod.

"why are you dodging my question?"

"why do you care?" ziggy rebukes and i glance back at nick. "i'm curious." he answers softly. ziggy thinks for a moment.

"i've hated her since i was a baby. next."

"come on." nick sighs. "oh, nick i have a question. why are you...so..full of shit?" i ask and grin sarcastically. he scoffs, "what?"

ziggy continues mocking him, "nick goode, heir apparent, daddy was the police chief, the king of sunnyvale, and now you're gonna be the same. except it's all make-believe. the truth is, you like stephen king, and spiders and-"