Chapter Twenty-Three

Billie

The next couple of days were pretty boring and simple. I took Elle out to lunch and that kind of became our routine.

But today I wanted her to meet my friends, especially since we're getting really close pretty fast.

I talk to my friends about her all the time so I knew they would be excited to meet her.

Elle on the other hand wasn't so excited. She was just worried they wouldn't like her, plus she wasn't the most social person.

Once we got out of second period I laced my fingers with hers and walked us off to the cafeteria. When she saw my group of friends she froze.

"No I can't, Billie they're not gonna like me."

"Yes they will. Just give them a chance."

"But-"

"No. No buts, you're gonna be fine mama I promise. They're nice and they're sweet..Okay well Zoe's a little rough sometimes but you'll be fine I promise."

She looked over at them as they laughed and conversed.

"Okay."

I smiled, kissing her cheek happily as I finally brought her over to introduce her to my friends.

Her hold on my hand got tighter as we sat down in the middle of everyone.

"Okay everyone shush I have someone I want you all to meet. Everyone this is Elle, Elle these are my friends."

They all waved at her and smiled and she shyly waved back.

"This is Zoe we've been friends since the beginning, that's Drew she's a sweetheart you'll love her and that's Denzel. He's not important." I whispered the last part which thankfully earned a smile from her.

"Hey, Elle. So you're the girl who's made my Billie go soft." Zoe said.

I rolled my eyes as I placed and arm around Elles shoulder, hopefully to help her be less tense.

Elle chuckled nervously and I rubbed her arm to help her relax.

"So Elle, tell us about yourself, we're curious to know who's got our Bil whipped." Drew leaned over, resting on her hands.

"There's not much to tell, I'm pretty average."

"Oh come on, I know there's something." Drew pressed. She meant no harm she was just genuinely curious to know about Elle.

I could tell Elle was hesitant to say anything, by the way her leg bounced sporadically and how she was constantly cracking her knuckles.

"Just keep it simple mama, don't stress out. And just be honest." I whispered to her.

"Umm well, I grew up in Sacramento for half my life but then I was kinda forced to move to LA cause I got kicked out of school."

"Really for what?"

"It was christian school." Was all she said, which gave enough explanation in itself.

I turned my head towards her.
"You never told me that."

Elle shrugged.
"It didn't come up in conversation and I didn't think it was important."

"Anyway, what's your favorite show?" Zoe asked.

"Uhh probably Shitts Creek."

"Hell yeah, you're my kinda girl."

I shot her a playful glare cause of her words.
"Relax, Pirate I'm not gonna steal your girl. Not that I could anyway."