Chapter 9: Fuso/Japan Arc 4

(now with Naoto and Hikari)

Came back to Port Yokosuka and when they parted ways to go back to their respective homes, Naoto and Hikari went home on foot, because Naoto's house was close to that Port.

In Naoto house

Naoto: okay, this is my house

Hikari: Wow, modern architecture mixed with traditional architecture. I like the future

Inside the house

Naoto: well, we here

Hikari: so cool

Naoto: well, let's go to my room

In Naoto room

Naoto: this is my bedroom, and we sleep in here

Hikari: wait. We?!

Naoto: Why? Never slept with a boy before?

Hikari: n-never

Naoto: Oh yes, I wanna watch Oversimplified

Hikari: what is that?

Naoto: It is a channel on youtube where it tells about world history which is given the impression of being funny and interesting. I will give an example

And he opened YouTube and seeing this

After watch it

Hikari: wow, that so funny i mean, they make funny characters to make it interesting and if anyone questions the history lesson surely if you see this you will not get bored.

Naoto: well, this time I'm gonna showing you what I'm gonna see

And he opened the another

And the next one

After watching OverSimplified, Naoto explained about Japan's history which is different from Fuso, where Japan do the Sakoku. Naoto explained that Sakoku is Japan's foreign policy, which stipulates that neither foreigners who are allowed to enter Japan nor Japanese citizens are allowed to leave Japan, subject to the death penalty. Hikari is surprised that if Sakoku is imposed on Fuso, then what happens is that Fuso does not become a dead-end trade system that can compete with any country and its citizens are not allowed to leave to anywhere, Hikari explained about Fuso in her world that Fuso did not implement the national isolation policy during the Azuchi period. On the contrary, it firmly advanced into foreign markets, growing early into a maritime trading power. She also explain in her world, during the Azuchi period, Fuso discovered a new island in the Pacific Ocean. Because it was larger than the Fuso mainland, had abundant underground resources and was mostly an uninhabited region, this island was transformed into an overseas territory under the name of South Seas Island (南洋島 nan'you-shima). Because the influential daimyo immigrating to here in the early 17th Century, it developed into an important supplier of resources for present-day Fuso.