1. Confession

Today's the day I have to make a decision. With the rush from the wedding and the honeymoon, I didn't have much time to think.

I'm on the plane back home with my husband, Mike. We have been together for seven years, and right now, we're heading home after a long and sweet honeymoon, or at least that's what Mike thinks.

Okay, let me explain. Since Mike and I started dating, I have planned out our future together, we both have put our heart and soul into this relationship, and I can't imagine myself without him in my life.

The thing is, everything was working perfectly and as planned until I was standing in front of my fiance's best friend, Ben, 20 minutes before the wedding.

******

(3 Weeks before, at the wedding)

"So, what do you say, Jen?" Ben asks me while I stare at him, surprised and confused.

"Y-you...have a crush on me?" I asked, still trying to process everything, "W-why? Since when? Why are you telling me this now, Ben?"

"I know it's kinda big, but-" He said, but I cut him off.

"Kinda?! In 20 minutes I'm supposed to marry your best friend! How am I supposed to walk down the aisle knowing my future husband's best friend has a fucking crush on me?" I said, upset and surprised.

"I know, and I'm sorry, okay?! I wanted to tell you this before, but I couldn't. It's harder than it looks. And I know this is bad but is something I couldn't keep to myself forever; I had to tell you," Ben nervously replied and took a deep breath, and continued, "Are you still going to marry Mike?" Ben said slowly.

"I think so," I slowly answered, looking at him confused. "What else am I supposed to do? He's the love of my life; we planned our lives together. I'm not going to throw all that away just like it means nothing. I'm sorry, Ben, I-I don't know what else to do about this".

"Can you still give it a thought, at least? Until you come back from the honeymoon?" He nervously and with tears in his eyes asked me.

I nodded my head and said goodbye to him.

I don't know how to feel about this, but I know it's not something I can forget easily.

Even if I tried to forget about my conversation with Ben during the ceremony, I couldn't. Ben was in my mind the whole time.

******

(Now back to the present)

We got home, and shortly after, Mike left for a meeting with his friends.

I've been pretty quiet since we were on the plane because I've been thinking about Ben.

I'm still unsure what I should do; Ben is such a nice guy, and I mean, I'm not going to lie, he's pretty hot.

But Mike...I'm married to him; he's the one for me. This relationship has to work. I can't break up with him so I can go with his best friend, and there's no way I'm divorcing him.

Taking me out of my thoughts, I heard a knock on the door.

It's my best friend, Leah. Deep down, I knew she would come here to ask me about all the details of my honeymoon and whatever.

"How was the honeymoon girl? Did you guys have fun?" Leah joyfully asks.

"Yeah, it was great," I replied.

"Okay. Sit down and tell me what happened" Leah's face immediately changes, and now she's looking at me confused.

Here's the thing about my friendship with Leah, we know when something happens to the other, somehow she can always tell when something is bothering me and vice-versa.

"Right before the wedding, I had a crazy conversation with Ben..." I started.

"Ben as...Mike's best friend?" She asks, confused.

"Yes. Well, Mm...Ben told me that he had had a crush on me for a couple of years..." I slowly said.

"What?! Really? Why did he tell you right before the wedding?" She asked, shocked. "Wait. You don't have feelings for him, don't you, Jen?" She talks rapidly, surprised by the turn of events.

After thinking about it for a second, I doubtfully replied, "I don't think so."

"What do you mean?! Jennifer, you married Mike. The possibility of having feelings for Ben or anybody else shouldn't exist. Omg, Jen, this is so fucking messed up." Leah says, getting a bit mad at me.

"I know this whole situation is a mess. But how was I supposed to be prepared for my husband's best friend having a crush on me? Nobody prepares you for something like that!"

"Do you have feelings for Ben?" She asks, being very serious.

Just a reminder that if Leah is serious, it's because it's about something significant to her, and she's definitely worried about me with all this happening.

"I-I don't know, Leah. I don't want to break up with Mike, and I don't want to feel like a failure because my marriage didn't turn out to be as I planned. But I can't deny that I haven't stopped thinking about Ben since the wedding," I said as my eyes started getting teary.

"Jen, if your marriage was a successful one and you truly loved Mike...we wouldn't be having this conversation to begin with," Leah replies.

"I don't want to break up with Mike. How am I going to tell him that I have feelings for Ben?" I said, already crying.

"I don't know, Jen; you'll have to find out. It's probably the right thing to do," She says.

I nodded, and then we both fell asleep on the couch after talking for some more minutes.

When I woke up, Mike wasn't at home yet, which is better because I don't want to break up with him; it's too hard.

I don't want to have an unsuccessful marriage. I can't allow myself to do that.

I've planned this part of my life since I was a teenager, I always dreamed of getting married and starting a family, but certainly, this is not what I had planned.

I guess talking to Ben may help me know what I genuinely feel toward him.