𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐋𝐓𝐇

"an APPLE falls not far from the tree..."

"IT MUST be hard

"IT MUST be hard." Akito sneered from where he sat by the window as usual, gazing at Enka as she gathered all of her medical supplies and tools back into their case. Every day, she came to the main Sohma family estate, a place full of trauma and pain, and a place Enka felt only trauma for. Why? Because the head of the family was a frail, cruel boy who knew exactly what memories he reminded the woman of. "coming here all the time."

Enka remained silent, instead focusing on organizing the supplies. 

"Don't ignore me, girl-" "I am older than you. And I am a woman" The female interrupted coldly, standing up. Her black kimono slid smoothly around her as she rose to her full height, eyes glaring furiously at the boy. "I will not have you speak to me the same way you speak to the rest. Have you forgotten your state? Sitting there lazily, as if you aren't about to die every second. Don't make me laugh. You have no right to even talk to us." 

Akito closed his mouth in surprise, as the female, who usually kept her mouth shut and simply took his insults and mockery, finally snapped. "Well now, who knew the dog had some bite in her-"

"That would be Shigure. I am not a dog, I am a wolf. And you best remember it before I tear your throat out." With that, Enka left, slamming the door closed behind her. She passed Hatori on the way, and she purposely slammed his shoulder with hers, grinning in satisfaction when she heard him wince and curse. 

-

"Excellent." Rin smiled as she listened to her sister recount the day's events. "That coward deserves it." 

Rin and Enka. Not Yin and Yang, but rather Yin and Yin, yet never clashing. Both lived for the same purpose: the eradication of the Zodiac curse, and the removal of Akito as family head.

 "Enka, I heard you almost broke Hatori's shoulder after insulting and threatening Akito." Shigure came into the room, an uncharacteristically serious expression on his face. 

The woman looked to her side, realizing that Rin had fled. "Ugh." She grumbled. "That sea-horse is just being dramatic. And I suppose you wouldn't care, but that brat deserved it." Enka's eyes slid over to behind the man, seeing brown and grey hair. Shigure hurried to cover them with his robe, but it was too late.

"Is that an outsider I see?" Enka stood up. "And a female too. Ah, Yuki." She acknowledged, when the young boy stepped in front of the confused girl.

"Who is that?" The young female asked. 

"You have no right to know who I am-" But the woman was cut off. 

"Sohma Enka. The Wolf. Don't worry, she's an ally. She's not a bad person, Tohru-san." Yuki answered, referring to the pissed woman standing in front of them.

Enka sighed and rubbed the bridge of her nose, turning to face the wall in exasperation. 

"Wait, Enka-san. What did you talk about with Akito?" Yuki asked, stopping her from ignoring them completely. 

"The usual. How terrible of a family member he is, and how he doesn't have the right to be called a Sohma-"

"ENKA!" The annoyingly cheerful voice of Sohma Ayame came from inside her shirt.

The woman immediately grabbed the snake from her shirt and threw the white creature at a wall, watching in satisfaction as a young man appeared injured and in pain from a puff of smoke. 

"Aya. As frustratingly slithery as always." Enka grinned affectionately and pulled the man into a headlock, messing up his hair. 

"Ah, my hair!" The man cried out. "I missed you, my dear lady!" He continued, kissing the female's hand once he was released. 

"As did I. Did you know your little brother has invited an outsider into our family?" Enka asked and she turned back towards Yuki, a cold glare barely hidden. "Do you know how angry Akito will be, if he saw the girl? Are you trying to make more problems, and cause more pain for us?" She stepped forward, but Ayame pulled her back.

"Now now, I'm sure my little brother has his reasons-"

"I am NOT your little brother." Yuki interrupted. 

"And I'm sure Tohru-kun understands what situation she is in." Ayame finished. However, when everyone turned to look at the girl, they saw that she was tilting her head to the side in confusions. "....Nevermind...." 

"Have you two met before?" Enka said suspiciously, realizing now that there was an air of familiarity between them. 

"That idiot sneaked into Tohru-san's shirt!" Yuki snapped.

"Ah, familiar."