Wings

I was sitting in darkness on the cold tile floor with my back against the concrete wall in my small keeping room. No windows and no heating. I put my hands together and made a small blue flame to heat my numb finger tips. I've lost track of how long it's been since the last time I've been out of this room. There was a blinding flash I flinched and shut my eyes. One of the many staff members turned the lights on and brought me a plate of mashed potatoes and a small cup of water. They switch staff members everyday I've never seen the same face twice they're also not allowed to talk to me.

It's the same thing every day, every day is the same. I sit in the same cold darkness, eating the same food, seeing the same walls, seeing the same tiles. The staff member left the plate of food on the floor then left and turned the lights off. I took a napkin and lit a small part of it on fire to give me some light as I eat. The potatoes tasted the same as always same for the water. I heard one of the other kids here say that the potatoes taste like cardboard. I don't even know what cardboard is these potatoes are all I've ever known as food.

I wonder what cardboard is and tastes like. The napkin was completely burnt now and I had no light. But that's fine I already finished and I'm used to the dark. I stood up and wanted to do something but there's not much to do in an empty concrete room. I started to walk in a circle getting lost in my thoughts the staff people call it "immersive daydreaming". I don't know how long I've been here for and I have no memory of anything besides this place. But I know from what I was told I'm 16, 5'7, and 150 lbs and my shoe size is 7½ I was told I have wide feet.

 But I know from what I was told I'm 16, 5'7, and 150 lbs and my shoe size is 7½ I was told I have wide feet

This is a picture I drew a while back of what I think I look like. Of course I don't actually know what I look like because I'm not aloud to see my reflection so this is what I came up with. I did this when they where doing tests on me and they let me draw, I ran out of blue. One of the staff members said it was really good that made me happy. 

I have blue eyes with black eye whites and long dirty blonde/brown hair like really long it's past my tailbone. My skin is a corpse like pale white color I'm also left handed. My immersive daydreaming was interrupted by another bright flash of the lights coming on and the door opening. A guard came in pointing their gun at me and told me to step outside the room. I gladly did as he asked there were five more guards pointing guns at me that's more than usual. They all have helmets on so I can't see any of their faces. I heard the reasoning behind that was because a 5 year old looked at a staff member and saw their face.

They turned into acid. There's still a burn mark where it happened or so I heard, I've never seen it. My bear feet slapping against the stone floors echoes down the hallway none of the guards spoke and neither did I. The last time I tried to speak to one of them they shot me in the arm with their gun it took a month to heal from that. I have a scar there now and you can stick your finger in it, it feels weird. We entered what looks to be an operation room the door shut and only two of the six guards where in the room. I looked around not touching anything and there were knives, saws, and needles, there was a metal table with a sheet of paper over it in the middle of the room.