EPISODE 49

"Happy Birthday Prachi!" the others wished her in the morning.

"Get ready fast, we will visit the temple before you go to college." Pragya instructed.

Prachi went to her room to get ready. She opened the drawer and took out a small, elegantly carved box. It didn't contain any jewellery or make up. It had a far more beautiful thing, a picture of two babies sleeping together.

"Happy Birthday choti." Prachi wished to the only picture she had of her twin.

She missed her unknown sister everyday. Though they had never met or interacted, she somehow felt that she knew her. 

"I wish you were here today." she said sadly before keeping the picture back in the box carefully.

They went to temple where Pragya prayed both for Prachi and her other daughter. 

"I don't know how is my other daughter. She must be happy with her father. Give her the same happiness as my Prachi and let her know that her mother loves her too. Keep both my daughters away from all dangers." she prayed.

-----

"Happy Birthday princess!" Abhi wished as soon as Rhea woke up.

"Thank you dad." she hugged him.

"Freshen up and come down fast. I have a surprise for you." he said excitedly.

Rhea jumped down from her bed and rushed to finish her morning chores. She wished downstairs where everyone wished her.

"Where is Ranbir?" she asked when she noticed he was no where in sight.

"That sleepyhead is still sleeping." Pallavi informed.

"We are having a grand party in the evening to celebrate the birthday of my daughters." Abhi announced.

Everyone except Rhea failed to notice the plural term used in the sentence. Rhea knew that her father was referring to her sister whom she missed too.

"If she was here, we would have had a blast at the party together." she thought.

-----

"See you later." Prachi and her friend parted ways as they had reached Prachi's class.

Prachi sat at her usual place in the first seat. She took out her books and turned back to check if Ranbir had arrived or not.

To her utter amazement, the usual late comer was present in the class. No sooner did their eyes meet than he winked at her. Prachi felt heat rushing to her face and turned forward. She was trying to calm her skipping heart beats when the girl seated behind her taped on her shoulder. Prachi turned towards her with a questioning look and she handed her something which looked like a card.

She opened it to find a picture of Ranbir staring at her while she was oblivious to it. Prachi realized that Ranbir had fallen in love with her long ago and she had no idea about it.

 Prachi realized that Ranbir had fallen in love with her long ago and she had no idea about it

On the other side of the card had the following words etched in it

It was a beautiful night,
An incredible moon,
an astounding galaxy of stars
But I could not enjoy them as
I lost myself in your magical eyes

Those simple words made Prachi's heart flutter. She relished those small things that Ranbir did for her. And for the first time, she was not paying attention to the class as she was lost in her dreams.

-----

"I'm going to sleep. Wake me up if the teacher calls me." Aryan said and hid his face behind a book.

"Wake up. You can't sleep in the class." Shahana nudged him.

"Ranbir didn't let me sleep the entire night. Let me sleep now." Aryan mumbled sleepily. Ranbir had spent the entire night narrating about his proposal, praising Prachi, planning further for her birthday and repeating the whole thing over again. His sole audience was poor Aryan who couldn't get a wink of sleep.

"Fine. Do whatever you want." Shahana got busy taking the notes.

"Mr. Aryan are you there in the class?" the teacher asked.

"Yes sir." Aryan who was busy dozing off lied.

"I don't think so. Show me your notebook." the teacher instructed.

Aryan was caught in his own lie. He couldn't show his blank notebook to the teacher, specially when he had doodled a funny cartoon version of the teacher in it. His attention was caught by the notebook of Shahana, which had everything written neatly in it. He snatched it from her and proceeded to show it to the teacher before she could protest.

"Are you sure this is your notebook?" the teacher asked after flipping through the pages.

"Yes....Yes sir." Aryan lied through his teeth.

"Why is Shahana's  name written on the front page?" he pointed.

"Sir, actually......." Aryan raked his brain for a suitable lie. After finding the only solution which seemed creditable to him, he whispered something to the teacher.

The teacher nodded and left. Aryan went back to his place and plopped down on his seat.

"What did you say him?" Shahana asked curiously.

"Another small and harmless lie. Don't bother about it." Aryan tried to say casually.

Shahana sensed something fishy and decided to enquire about it later.

-----

"I'll sneak out quickly. If anyone searches for me, please tell them some lie." Ranbir instructed Aryan.

"What am I going to do her alone if you run away? I'll not stay behind." Aryan said reluctantly.

"Please bro. I have to meet my chikchiki. I don't want to be in this stupid birthday party of Rhea. You are my sweet brother, aren't you? I love you so much." he pleaded.

"Your emotional blackmails won't work. Either I'm coming with you or you are not going." Aryan said crossing his arms across his chest.

"Who's going where?" Abhi who had heard their conversation asked.

"No...Nothing chief." Ranbir lied thinking that Abhi would be offended if he didn't attend his daughter's birthday party.

"I know that you are planning to skip the party and meet your girlfriend, aren't you?" Abhi smirked.

"Sor....Sorry chief. It's Prachi's birthday too today. So, I......." he hesitated.

"So what are you doing here now? You will be late in reaching her house."

Ranbir stared at Abhi in disbelief.

"Stop staring at me and go where your heart is. I'll manage the situation here. Wish her a happy birthday from my side too." Abhi smiled.

"Thank you chief. You are the best." Ranbir hugged him.