6

They say blood is thicker than water and Moon Byul-yi was willing to do anything to get acknowledge by her father but Moon Seulgi beg to differ. Knowing her family's illigal works and about the black money, Seulgi never wanted to be a part of the family. Being twins with Moon Byul-yi, Seulgi thought Byul would side with her but she was proved wrong when Byul killed Marco and threatened her for disobeying their father.

The craziness in the family was beyond Seulgi's comprehension. The longer she stays there, Seulgi believed she might turn out to be like them. She saved up enough money to start a new life and secretly left Italy for Seoul. And as expected, no one looked for her because she was a nobody to them.

The separation did not affect the twins and both carried on with their lives. Seulgi was finally living the peaceful life she had wanted and Byul continued to do the dirty works for her father.

It was one of the those thundering rainy nights where your own voice drowns in the rain. Byul was drenched by the rain as she stood in front of the mansion. It has been five months since Seulgi left and all of a sudden, Byul missed her.

It was the first time Byul made an intentional mistake. She had always hated the Italian Mafia who always looked down on her father and belittled him. As usual, she was to deliver Mr. Moon's monthly payment to the Mafia.

Working in this field from a young age, Byul had learned a lot from Marco. She studied the Mafia's daily life and schedules to strike at the right time. The delivery was the perfect stage to get rid of the Mafia.

Byul hoped her father would be happy to know that the Mafia won't bother him ever again but the world turned upside down when Mr. Moon slapped her in front of her family. Byul was used to her father thrashing her but that one slap hurt more than the cut and bruises.

The sneer on her step-mother's face, the looks on her step-siblings made her heart burn with rage. Her palm tingles as she clenched it into a fist. She pursed her lips, hanging her head low while listening to her father rant out at her. "Do you know what have you got me into? I could get killed any moment now."

Mr. Moon grasped Byul by her neck and glared. "You can't even do one thing without causing any trouble. Useless." He pushed her back and growled in anger.

"You. You are going back to Seoul." Mr. Moon took out his credit card and threw it on Byul's face. "Don't come back here again. Keep a low profile and manage the association there. Do whatever you want. Just don't come back here if you don't want to die. Leave right now." Like a directed scene, the thunder rumbled at the end of her father's words.

Byul stood in the rain with her luggage in front of the mansion. Seulgi used to counsel Byul whenever she gets in trouble and tonight there was no Marco nor Seulgi to talk to her.

"You only care about your life, don't you?", Byul stared at the photo of her and Seulgi on her phone screen.

--------

"Hey, sister." With the red sunglasses on and the auburn coat, Byul ramp walk towards her twin.