Chapter 7: The Hospital Wing

Hermione's point of view:
It had been a few days since Fred entered the hospital wing as it was now a Tuesday rather than Saturday. George didn't seem to know what to do in class as Lee sat elsewhere and Fred would usually sit by him. Whenever classes were over George and I would hang out in the common room, of course minus when he had quidditch practice. Lee would sometimes join too but usually later in the evening as he had alot to balence berween studies and preparing for the big gryffindoor vs slytherin game. Me and George, now being just us to majority of the time began to get to know eachother better. Dont mistake me, I already knew George well but I never spoke to George and only George as Fred was always around. I have to admit though, I Do miss Fred alot. George is great too don't get me wrong but hes like a brother to me, Fred on the other hand... well he's... I don't know what he is but I know it isnt the same as me and George... it feels different.
As me and George sat in the common room with Ron and Harry, we all talked while Harry and Ron played this violent chess game called Wizzards Chess. George was explaining how to play to Harry, giving him hints on where to move and tricks to help him beat ron, which i must say seemed to anger Ron quite a bit. Time seemed to be passing a bit slower than usually for myself as to be quite honest I think this game is a bit barbaric...
"YES HARRY!" George yelled loudly.
"STOP PLAYING FOR HIM GEORGE!" Ron yelled back in irritation.
"He's only helping him," I said to Ron giggling, but Ron turned to me, a foul look on his face.
"Since when did I ask for your opinion?"
"Ron! She's only telling the truth what the hell was that for?" George snapped.
"That was a tad harsh Ron," Harry said sympathetically. Frustration built up inside of me. What had I done to Ron! I had barely said a word to him this entire year so far! I just dont get it. Trying my best to controll my emotions, I stood up gave Ron a look showing I was annoyed and left the common room. Without hesitation I walked myself to the infermery, I needed to speak to someone I trusted and since George was still in the common room I decided to go and visit Fred. Part of me had been looking for an excuse to see Fred for a couple of days now, last time i saw him was Saturday when we took him to the infermary, we stayed there for a while but Madame pomfery made us leave when it was time for the feast. As i approached the infermery doors I saw Dumbledoor just closing the door as he left. "Miss Granger, I am assuming you are up here to see Mr Weasly yes?" He said calmly.
"Yes professor I just wanted to see how he is doing myself."
"Very well but make sure you respect Madame Pomferry's rules and make your way to the hall for the Feast."
"Yes proffessor, thank you." Before either of us could say another word Dumbledore walked away trying to catch up to one of the teachers ahead of him. I turned and opened the door to the infermery, it was quiet. There was only Fred and one other boy who I did not recognize. I slowly walked up to Fred's bed trying my best not to wake him as he appeared to be asleep. I looked at his face, it was alot less swollen now but the bruises remained. As for his arm, it was still in the same sling that it was origionally put in Saturday Afternoon. I sighed knowing I should let him rest and pulled a peace of paper out of my pocket and using the quill which i assumed was for his school work, i began writing a note.

Dear Fred,
Hope you are feeling better soon, George me and Lee all miss having you about even though you could be a pain sometimes. George seems lost sometimes with you not around and quite frankly so do I. Anyways I wrote this as you are sleeping and-

"Mione im wide awake mind..." said a familiar voice.
"Fred you nearly gave me a heart attack! Were you just... watching me write the letter? Why didn't you say something sooner?"
"Because I was curious ad to what you would right. Your lost without me eh?" He said with a smirk. I felt my face turn red at his words. I didn't even stop to think about what I was writing... I just wrote.
"So why are you here Mione? Not that im complaining cause its rather boring here and I've missed you and even your facts." I looked at him in suprise. He missed me? Me? I don't know why that Suprised me hearing those words as we hung out alot however it never occurred to me that he might miss that. And the nickname, Mione he had never called me that before but I liked it... alot actually.
"I just wanted to see you again I guess and Ron was getting on my nerves so I thought it was better to just leave him to it," i said with a sigh.
"Whats my dickhead of a brother doing now?" He said looking into my eyes. Although they were brothers, it was pretty obvious neither Fred or Ron saw eye to eye. Maybe thats why I went to Fred about these things, because he understood them to an extent.
"He was just being a bit rude thats all, they were playing wizzards chess and Harry beat Ron with George's help cause it was his first time playing and Ron got mad about it so when I defended George after he said George was 'playing for him' he snapped at me saying he never asked for my opinion."
"Im sorry Hermione... my brother can get like that sometimes. It's not anything you've done I don't think he can just be... well like that."
"Its ok Fred I already know he doesnt like me he's made it clear several times."
"He just needs to get to know you and then he would see how amazing you actually are." I smiled and nodded at him, but part of me was still down as I knew Ron was never going to give me a chance to prove I'm not as bad as he may think.

Fred's point of view:
I looked over at Hermione, she smiled and nodded at me but I could tell she wasnt ok. I could see on her face she was hurt by rons actions. I had a feeling I knew what was going on with him. He was jealous. Jealous that Hermione gets on with Harry, Jealous that Hermione gets along with me and George and Lee. He's jealous of Mione as a whole but that didn't mean what he was doing was right cause you can clearly see shes upset about it. I looked into her eyes as they met mine and for a moment just looked at her before saying "come here" and holding my arms out for a hug. She didn't even hesitare to hug me she just went straight in and for a moment we stayed there untill she took a step back and smiled before sitting on the chair next to me. For a moment we sat in silence, not the bad kind of silence but a comfortable one.