Pt.6 - Reasonable

Lumine Pov:
What was happening? What is wrong? Kody has been acting so off lately I'm starting to get really worried. This morning he started crying out of no where and it freaked me out a little. I really hope he's okay..knowing what happened to him in the past, he must be struggling real bad right now.

  I wish I could do more for him. I still can't shake off the feeling of being his 'bodyguard' but that still isn't enough. I want to make him happier forever. But..I don't know how. I kept my eye on him all day to make sure he was alright but he just seemed uncomfortable. Perhaps he was getting tired of me.

  It would make sense. I barged into his life and had to protect him out of no where. It makes sense. I had to drag him to my aunts house so suddenly. Its reasonable. I'm always around him, and he's more of the 'better to be alone' type. Reasonable.

  I can't blame him if he really is being troubled by me. Being around me for way too long probably got on his nerves and I made him uncomfortable. Back at my old jobs people got tired of me too. Oh. He probably doesn't want me here anymore.

  Sometimes when I'm helping out, I see him staring at me at the corner of my eye. He probably has hatred for me in that stare. Perhaps I should leave him be and we go our separate ways when we get to my aunts place. It would be the best for him, right?

  I remember how longingly he looked into the depths of nature thinking about going home. But he stayed. He never actually said he did it for me though. So maybe. Just maybe, I'm too much?

  Maybe I'm too loud? My personality is too lively for him? Or is it something I do? Is he uncomfortable about having to walk near me all the time? Or when we talk for hours..was that all for nothing? I just wanted to be his friend. I think..

  I felt a tap on my shoulder and I jumped a little. I was so zoned out it felt like the world was being built right in front of my eyes to bring me to reality. I turned around and it was Kody. He looked sad. His eyebrows were furrowed and his eyes looked so tired. His arms were burried in his hoodie, hugging himself and his leg was shaking as if he was anxious. He had this red shade over his cheeks and looked stiff. He looks disturbed.

"Oh..ahaha..Hi Kody? What's up? Is everything okay?" I said after the silence. He looked down and it seemed he was about to cry again. "No..I just came to see if you were fine." My ears perked up in disbelief. "Me? Fine? Why would you do that?" I seemed to have touched a nerve. He looked at me with shock and a tint of sadness. "Well..I-I don't know? You were just staring at the grass for way too long. You looked stupid." He spat out.

  My ears slowly flopped back down and I let out a chuckle. Typical Kody.

"Sorry about that. I just..was thinking about..I don't know, random stuff I guess." I rubbed the back of my neck. Kody had these puppy eyes that stared back at mine and I really couldn't tell why or what he was feeling. I had never seen him like this before. "Are you fine? You seem anxious Kody..are you sure you'll be okay?" I pouted.

  He turned around and took a deep breath out. He stared out then looked down at flowers under us. He slowly turned around and picked one up that was between us. A pretty blue flower with yellow and white accents.

Petals hit the ground and we were devoured by silence. There was so much pressure in the air I felt so uncomfortable. He just started picking at the petals on the flower without saying anything or looking at me. "Kody? What are you.." I counted.

Kody Pov:

1 petal floated down. He loves me.
2 petals
3 petals
4 petals
5 petals
6.

  I let out a breathy sigh and dropped the stem. I looked up at him and smiled. "Ah It's nothing I just got bored. But now I'm better. I'm gonna go take a nap..see ya."

Lumine Pov:
  I watched Kody walk off, kicking flowers in the process. What in the world just happened? Did he say he was bored? But then he came to me? Or..no, he just came to look around and I just had to be here looking like an idiot huh. I am in the middle of no where in the field too. Reasonable.

  I picked up a flower on my way back to camp. Out of all the flowers I could've picked in that huge field, I grabbed a stem of leaves that hasn't sprouted any colorful petals. It was just a small bulb on the end of the stem but I took it with me anyway.

Later

  The sun was about to set so I came to my sleeping bag and sat up watching the grass move. Kody slept almost the entire day but just woke up so unfortunately he'd be up the entire night. While everyone else was fast asleep, we were still up, on opposite sides of the tree in silence.

  I didn't want to bother him any longer so I laid down and went to try and sleep. As I slowly turned to lay, I took a peek at his side and saw him sat up against the tree with his head in his arms again. Was he crying again? He wasn't making any noises through. I can't be a bother. A nuisance. I should sleep now...

I shut my eyes and saw the last glimpse of the stars.

"goodnight Kody."