01 | Palm Springs

So we have come to know and to believe the love that god has for us

So we have come to know and to believe the love that god has for us. God is love, and whoever abides in God, God abides in him.
1 John 4:16
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I smile at that passage while rubbing the tip of my fingers over the words caressingly the page.

God is love.

I copy those words into my light gray notebook, highlighting it with my bright yellow highlighter three times.

As I begin to look back at my bible my phone lights up, glowing with notifications.

I gently close my notebook picking up my phone.

Olivia: Are you almost here?

I adjust myself in my seat of the plane turning over to Grayson who's dead asleep with his mouth slightly open.

I quietly shake his shoulders causing him to jump out of his seat with wide eyes looking around in panic.

After a few seconds of realizing he's still on the plane he eases his way back into his seat looking at me in annoyance.

"Why did you wake me up for?" He rubs his eyes and let's out a yawn as he whispers over.

"Are we almost there?" I lift my phone up showing him the message.

"How am I supposed to know I just woke up." I shrug lowering my phone while peaking over to the window only seeing clouds in sight.

"Yeah we're almost there, we have about ten minutes till landing." I look back over to Grayson seeing him turn his phone off and slipping it back into his pocket.

Me: Yeah we're almost there

I type and send back immediately getting a reply.

Olivia: Great because I'm waiting for you here at the airport, see you soon.

I tighten my ponytail and I gather my things slipping everything together in the palm of my hands until I feel the plane lower down coming to a complete stop.

Grayson stands up reaching for our suitcases and we follow the large crowd through the exit doors.

One by one we make way through the airport trudging until I spot a blonde hair girl holding a enormous piece of paper with the words "welcome" written on it.